Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Curly dreads

Zachary Hakes
@zachary-hakes
13 years ago
6 posts
I had very curly hair before I got dreads and now the dreads are still curling and twisting. Also they seem to be getting frizzy and loose, how do I stop this while also making the tips not curly? And is it normal for the roots to be loose? I've had them for three months and I feel like they should be looking better
updated by @zachary-hakes: 01/13/15 08:53:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 u used wax so the 3 months progress is less then 3 weeks worth 2 u work on them constantly so your only doing harm

u need ti get all that nasty wax out or even start over wax free..then leave em alone

why would u care about curly tips? that makes them uniquely yours

yes its normal to have loose roots and frizxz and loose hairs

but

look what u said i had em 3 months id think thwyd berlooking better by now..wrong

dreads look worse and wortse the 1st 2 mionths! if uu backcomb i mean they loosen they get frizzy they get loopy bumpy crazy

then they begin to tighten slowly

itrs not till 6 months they startt to look f]good (typicaly)

so lets gat that nadty wax out so they can dread right cause right now youe not progressing just smearing more wzx in yoir candles

oncce the wax is gonr they will dread by doing nothing..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zachary Hakes
@zachary-hakes
13 years ago
6 posts
Thanks! I haven't waxed in a while but that was just because I was too lazy, but I guess it turned out well. It's pretty hard for me not to touch them constantly, but Ill leave them alone now that I know
Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts
think i just replied to your other thread, however I went thru the same thing, my tips had curly spirals for awhile be4 they either curled up on each other forming their own blunt tips, or they just broke apart and turned into normal looking tips,also my roots were loose for months, if anything my 4-6ish months was the hardest/most frustrating time for me but i saw huge improvements as the months passed by, yes your roots will/should be loose, that will be one of the last things to lock up though.if it helps you can see my timeline and how it changed throughout the months, but I recommend hangin in there, good luck :)
Zachary Hakes
@zachary-hakes
13 years ago
6 posts
Thanks! I've got to work on my patience I guess, haha

Iain said:
think i just replied to your other thread, however I went thru the same thing, my tips had curly spirals for awhile be4 they either curled up on each other forming their own blunt tips, or they just broke apart and turned into normal looking tips,

also my roots were loose for months, if anything my 4-6ish months was the hardest/most frustrating time for me but i saw huge improvements as the months passed by, yes your roots will/should be loose, that will be one of the last things to lock up though.

if it helps you can see my timeline and how it changed throughout the months, but I recommend hangin in there, good luck :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
its not enough to9 stop waxing u gotta take extreme effort to get the wax iut and that can take months of etffort even with our wax removers

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form