Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair loss with natural dreads

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I lose a ton of hair all the time. My son complains that it is on everything! Even though I am partially dreaded I still lose a lot of hair and yes, I pull it out of the bottom of my dreads too. When I shake my hair it falls out all over the counter in the bathroom. So don't feel bad! Even though a lot of my hair is knotted up, I still lose a lot of strands.
updated by @midread: 07/23/15 03:00:05AM
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i have a few maylee's bars. when i wash my hair with them i get an oily residue left in my hair. i'm thinking it's my hard water. i'll try that though and use less of the maylees this time.i went out and bought some wool yarn today. i'm going to make a tam and wear it to bed. i'm hoping that it will help with the knotting and the shedding:)

Panterra Caraway said:

You know, I have a weird system that I have adopted and it seems to help me, maybe it would help you too. I use the Maylees dread bar on my scalp (kind of carefully rub it around my entire head and then the scalp) and then pour on the B/S water mixture and follow with ACV. I started this because I saw more progress in knotting with B/S but I love the smell of the dread bar! Turns out that my dry scalp wasn't so flaky anymore. Also, I have a TON of tams since I make them all the time and I noticed that not only do the wool ones seem to help way more but the wool is cooler and more comfortable. When I wear the acrylic I sweat and then there goes my scalp...itchy!!! If you have to wear acrylic, then you need a blend...many yarns are a blend of wool and acrylic. :D
Heather said:
thats exactly whats happening to me. i see all of this hair hanging down about 4 inches away from the bottom of all my other hair and i just grab it and it all comes right out. it doesn't happen everyday but its still upsetting. i get some hair loss in the shower too. i already have fine hair.

its my scalp that feeling dry, not my hair. would the peppermint oil help?

Panterra Caraway said:
I too seem to shed alot of hair and at times there is a wad of it kind of hanging from my ends and I pull it off because it is annoying. Mammals lose more hair in warm weather and hair loss is normal anyway, but, I do feel like I am noticing it more...? In my opinion, tea tree is like medicine and I only advise clients to use it when there is a significant scalp problem. If your hair feels very dry I would alternate your tea tree use or trade it with some peppermint oil. I have a very itchy area on my scalp near my neck and I dab a bit of peppermint oil on it via a cotton ball, so I only effect that area and not my entire head.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
Glad to hear that its not just me:)

MiDread said:
I lose a ton of hair all the time. My son complains that it is on everything! Even though I am partially dreaded I still lose a lot of hair and yes, I pull it out of the bottom of my dreads too. When I shake my hair it falls out all over the counter in the bathroom. So don't feel bad! Even though a lot of my hair is knotted up, I still lose a lot of strands.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form