Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

super clean dreads (safe for baby locks too)

Kate Marie
@kate-marie
7 years ago
2 posts

okie dokie ^A^ Thank you!

updated by @kate-marie: 07/23/15 07:48:04AM
Juraj Petrik
@juraj-petrik
7 years ago
2 posts

hey, here's the thing

my locks were made before around 40 days by twist&rip method and i crochethooked them once in two days for the first month. then i found this site and just let them be.

i tried your wash 2 times. once only bake soda 2nd time with lemon juice for the pH. each time i made around 4 litres of water with around 60g of baking soda. when i poured it on my dreads they've stayed dry. also when im in a shower and make sure to get them all really wet they dry in about 30 minutes. but everywhere i read that dreadlocks dry like 5 hours.

also i got shampoo stuck in them near the roots and i cannot get it out i tried both soda and also just washing with plain water..

many thanks for your advice :)

yeah and i attached a photo of my locks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,409 posts

theyre very thin so will dry fast till they thicken up a good bit

vinagers a better option then lemon juice which bleaches the hair and can damage color treatted ghair

try a clarifying or anti residue shampoo to remove residue

nutragena and suave make 1

how long ago wass last crochet besides the thinness and lil extra fuzziness they dont look bad not too stiff or amything

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Juraj Petrik
@juraj-petrik
7 years ago
2 posts

thank you, i will try to find the necessary stuff. the last crochet was 10 days ago..

and i wanted very thin dreadlocks :)

Cam
@cam
7 years ago
12 posts

How often should I be doing the baking soda / acv wash? I just started the natural dread process a bit less than a month ago and used Dr. Bronners a few times to ween myself off of showering every day, and switched to doing baking soda every 2-3 days... I've done it once or twice following up with the ACV wash, but usually do it as just baking soda + essential oils, leave in, and rinse well... I feel like my hair and scalp are starting to dry, however. Should I be washing more regularly with Dr. Bronners and occasionally doing a baking soda/ACV wash "as needed" or is it an okay method to do pretty regularly?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,409 posts

u can do it everytime but if u are too dry use the acbv u can use the acv every time just use it weak

if u want u can do bronners every time then this monthly its up to u but its fine to usde every time too

--
Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
7 years ago
32 posts

Many months ago, I was advised via this forum not to bother using ACV until I couldn't stand the itchiness anymore. Well, I've been neglecting and using BS/Tea Tree/Lavender/Rosemary/Peppermint Oils since May 2010, and I still haven't got to that point that I couldn't stand it. What do you make of this? Should I start using ACV anyways?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,409 posts

if u dont do the acv your hair will be too alkaline it is best to do it even if very weak

--
Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
7 years ago
32 posts

SE, you turd, those are your words I was paraphrasing:

soaring eagle said:

do as u feelo is right, if your scalp gets dry and itchy try a cold cold rinse and if that dont work add the acv rinse
if thats not an issue skip it and it will knort faster
i use a stronfer baking soda mix then most so the acv is more important if u use a weaker solution u can skip it

So I should start using ACV, as opposed to just my usual cold rinse? (This isn't entirely bad news, because the cold rise is pretty much a bitch in PA between November and April - so cold!)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,409 posts

i skipped the acv last wash cause wasnt feeling too good and didnt want to bother

kinda regrert skipping it now cause scalps actin up already

whatever works for u do but just keep in mind its healthiest when the scalp and hair have a ph between 5 an d 5.5

after u do bs without acv its around 9 i think

Matt Critean said:

SE, you turd, those are your words I was paraphrasing:

soaring eagle said:

do as u feelo is right, if your scalp gets dry and itchy try a cold cold rinse and if that dont work add the acv rinse
if thats not an issue skip it and it will knort faster
i use a stronfer baking soda mix then most so the acv is more important if u use a weaker solution u can skip it

So I should start using ACV, as opposed to just my usual cold rinse? (This isn't entirely bad news, because the cold rise is pretty much a bitch in PA between November and April - so cold!)

--

/ 20

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form