Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Desperate for advice. Takes 3 hrs to separate each day.

HelianthusSpiral
@helianthusspiral
8 years ago
10 posts
Hello all,

I'm almost 1 month into my free form dreads and it is getting almost unbearable. It's taking me at least 3 hrs to separate my hair each day. I started with it at tailbone length. Ive had so much breakage and hair falling out from ripping apart rat's nest congos and Im crying out of frustration.

Please any advice is so welcome. I don't have anyone to help me separate my hair.

How can I keep my hair manageable yet not hamper the dreading process? Especially at night, my hair is terrifying each morning.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

-beads beads beads

you need a bunch

i know how you feel as i have seenyour length hair form 6 massive dreads (every last hair in them though not tight) in a single night in my sis's ex's lasain (Japanese to be exact) hair in 1 nigyt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

get 1 of those beaded car seats  u but over 1000 beads  but out 2- per section

--
HelianthusSpiral
@helianthusspiral
8 years ago
10 posts

Thanks so much SE!!! I got one of the car seat covers and have put some beads on....this is just a temporary fix in my mind, I'd like some smaller and non toxic beads (on the seat cover package there was a warning about it containing a chemical known to cause birth defects and reproductive harm!!)

I will read up on how to maintain beaded dreads...I've read some scary things about causing dreads to break off or help mold grow!! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

long beads  can cause moisture inside them that's true  for now you want beads that stay in but are removable (even if you have to break them off that's why cheapo wood beads ) nice dread beads can run 15-35 each bead and since you needed a lot  i figured  go with what you can get in bulk

other options are peyote stitches or wraps  wrapping short areas  but beads will look best and be cheapest unles you make your own peyote sleeves

--
HelianthusSpiral
@helianthusspiral
8 years ago
10 posts

Oh wow I didn't realize the cost is so high!! Thank you so much for the affordable tip for beads.

I honor the process of my dreads and won't give up on freeforming, but simply show them more love and care through their crazy stage...it's so worth it on the other end!!

Definitely going to start looking for some dread friends/support...people in public look at me like I'm a mad woman, with this eccentric looking, "crazy stage" tangled mane!! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

lets see this craziness you got a ton of dread friends here to support you and we love the craziness

besides  who wouldn't love a mad woman?

--
HelianthusSpiral
@helianthusspiral
8 years ago
10 posts

Hehe thank goddess for this site!!! :) I have an awesome litmus test going on here, don't I?!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you know i fell in love with yur hair the day you joined ;) don't think i ever saw your face but omg that hair i cant wait to see how its progressed

--
HelianthusSpiral
@helianthusspiral
8 years ago
10 posts

Thank you so much..you've been so encouraging to me, not just your direct messages but this entire sites existence!! I will def update with pictures when I am able :D

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form