Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts
I know this has probably been asked many times and those who have answeres it a lot are probably tired of hearing it. But how exactly do you wash your baby dreads? do you just do the scalp or do you gently put shampoo on the dreads as well? I get little fuzzies in my knots and I don't want them staying there
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

just scrub the scalp pick out the fuzz with tweezers ..if your scrubbing the hair you'll be unknotting it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

Alrighty, thank you! 

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

I have a concern, i just smelled my hair and it smelled a bit like sweat! I've been washing once a week, i don't put the shampoo on the dreads. Should I wash more often? what can I do to get rid of the smell? 

Irie
@irie
8 years ago
41 posts

When you say you are washing it once a week do you mean with shampoo once a week, or only once a week in total.
My hair didnt really start to lock up until I stopped using shampoo completely and washed my hair with water every day before I left my house.
I havnt noticed any sweaty smell.
Water, air dry, profit?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

washing mores always better but rinsing is not washing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

I do use shampoo, only on the scalp and not the dreads :) 

Knot_It
@knot-it
8 years ago
8 posts

Scrub/Massage your scalp, and let the rest run down your dreads. If you get fuzzies just pick them out and if you notice you are having a lot.. later later on in the months you can do cleanses.

little bird
@little-bird
8 years ago
19 posts

Okay! Thank you! 

I have questions about this shampoo spray that i bought, i wanna see if I can find a shampoo around here before going to the dreadlock shampoo site and buying theirs. Is this brand alright to use? Does anyone have any experience with it? the regular shampoo smells pretty weird! 

IMG_7149.JPG.jpg
IMG_7149.JPG.jpg  •  1.2MB

IMG_7139.JPG.jpg
IMG_7139.JPG.jpg  •  1.2MB

IMG_7132.JPG.jpg
IMG_7132.JPG.jpg  •  1.9MB

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

The ingredient in that shampoo that are labeled PPG 12-PEG50 Lanolin, could most likely be a chemical residue, which should be avoided. I learned that the hard way with one of the shampoos I have, after doing some research I found that ingredients labeled PPG or PEG are residues (although I'm not entirely sure if that's 100% right but I am thinking it is correct). I mean you COULD use a shampoo with that ingredient but it could leave residue in your hair. 

updated by @ravens-light: 10/09/16 11:55:20PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form