Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Knotted Hair Coming Loose

Wamabam
@wamabam
4 months ago
6 posts

Hello, hope everyone is having a good day! So I've had my hair "dreaded" I put it in quotations because I don't feel like they are dreads at this point. But anyways I have notice the knots in my hair are becoming very loose and it has been only 2 weeks since I have gotten them done, I know its normal for them to loosen up a bit but there is just so much loose hair now and one dreadlock even split into two.
I try not to mess with it as much as I can, before I used to be able to stick my finger through a hole at the root of the dread now most of the holes are filled up and there isn't dread for about a good inch from the root. Not sure if its coming loose or that is a good thing, But I am just worried about them.

I recently ordered the Tea Tree & Rosemary Shampoo Bar from Dreadlockshampoo.com

I like it so far they also sent me a Nag Champa tester, they both smell great. When I wash my hair every three days ( on the third day) I just lather up the soap in my hands then rub the soap in my hands in my hair until everything is all sudzy. I try to rub it on my scalp as much as I can, It helped with the dandruff a little but my head is still super itchy. I also have this dreadlock wash cap, It's pretty much just a cloth cap with a bunch of wholes in it. It claims to protect baby dreads but I really have not noticed anything yet Should I keep using it? Also when I wash I don't have any particular way I rub my hair when I was or anything like that.

They are also very soft and don't even look like dreadlocks anymore.
I also wear a beanie everyday for about 5-6 hours idk if that affects anything but I wear one cause the dandruff and my hair is SUPER POOFY cause all the frizz and loose hairs.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 months ago
27,412 posts

well most of that is totally normal, though i would recommend the liquid shampoos till mature then bars

the dread caps goofy a waste of money

beenies will slow or prevent progress so ditch that too

when you wash just lather the scalp  i scrape at it with my nails  then rinse through your probly rubbing the hair around too much

plus putting that silly cap on to wash could be unknotting them too

other then that everything you said is perfectly normal at this stage..you might be loosening them up more then normal..but loosening is part of the early process

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Wamabam
@wamabam
4 months ago
6 posts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

well most of that is totally normal, though i would recommend the liquid shampoos till mature then bars

the dread caps goofy a waste of money

beenies will slow or prevent progress so ditch that too

when you wash just lather the scalp  i scrape at it with my nails  then rinse through your probly rubbing the hair around too much

plus putting that silly cap on to wash could be unknotting them too

other then that everything you said is perfectly normal at this stage..you might be loosening them up more then normal..but loosening is part of the early process

Alright cool. What would you recommend that I could wear because I get super self conscious about if I have dandruff showing stuff like that etc

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 months ago
27,412 posts

who is going to be picking through your hair looking for flakes?

don't wear anything and don't worry

they would literally have to be picking through your hair moving it out of the way to see dandruff

\

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus