Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing

wheresmylocks
@wheresmylocks
8 years ago
3 posts
How often do you wash with the baking soda and apple cider vinegar? Can it be damaging for your hair? I need help I can't find a shampoo that works. And there's only one tangle after months of not brushing. All the dreads on here are amazingly beautiful. Would love some help thanks much love
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I personally do the deep clean wash (baking soda + apple cider vinegar) about once a month to every two months...I was told that doing it every 1-2 months is better for your hair, and that at least baking soda alone shouldn't be used as your normal shampoo.

wheresmylocks
@wheresmylocks
8 years ago
3 posts

What about shampoo in the 

uk I can buy? Can you just wash with water?

Thanks

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
8 years ago
156 posts

You can try Dr Bronners liquid soap. Depends on the type of water you have (hard or soft) if it works or not. Bronners only works with soft water! You can try to wash only with water, but i wouldnot suggest that. At the mMoment i wash with White soap from Marseille. You should be able to get this too in the uk. 

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

wheresmylocks:

What about shampoo in the 

uk I can buy? Can you just wash with water?

Thanks

hey I'm in the uk too and have been looking around, found out you can get dr bronners at holland and barret probably making it the only highstreet option... but theres the whole hard / soft water issue...

read loads about this and that natural soaps but can't get cross confirmation on any of them, just "should be fine" which aint good enough for me! :p

post back if you find something else, I'm in the same boat! 

another question on washing, being about a week into the au natural method is washing too often or rinsing too much when i do gonna rinse out my developing knots? i know clean hair knots faster but rinsing bs and acv out needs a thorough rinse and was worried its pulling em out..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

no such thing as too much washing or rinsing

it's how gentle you are and not towel drying that matters

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is always best but bronners is okay as long as the water isn't hard

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
wheresmylocks
@wheresmylocks
8 years ago
3 posts

My water is soft so think I'm going to use

bronners. I seen that here is Dr bronners hair

Rinse and also bronners castle soap. Which one do you use?

fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

no such thing as too much washing or rinsing

it's how gentle you are and not towel drying that matters

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is always best but bronners is okay as long as the water isn't hard

finally got this reply thing working! :D ok, sorry to interrupt folks but...so u really can wash regular but not do the towel drying? huh! because, i just happened NOT to towel dry last time, and Maybe it was more knotty? no wait! i didn't blow dry. ahhh confusing! but i sometimes have to wet my hair more often than i would like for new dreads, so i am curious what might be most effect for the next few weeks or months?? thanks

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
8 years ago
156 posts

wheresmylocks:

You can use the castile soap. The ratio for deluting it with water is 1:18 i think.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

wheresmylocks:

not the hair 1 the 18 in 1 magic soap..castile 1  diluted 12-1 or more 12 times more water then soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form