Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

African Black Soap

SageMaegick
@sagemaegick
8 years ago
4 posts
So I have psoriasis and someone suggested that I try African black soap. I've also just shaved my head and want to dread my hair as it grows back and I'm currently washing my head with body soap. Would this soap be safe for dreads? Would it prevent dreads?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

body soap will cause it especialy if it has sulphates wich 99% do

so the patchouli dreadlockshampoo.com works well African black soap may too i don't know never used it on my dreads

but just switching from what your using to something organic and  natural is likely to be all you need

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SageMaegick
@sagemaegick
8 years ago
4 posts

The bar of black soap I've ordered is organic. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea just that change will make a significant diference..

thing is,, (and i might be wrong about this) psoriasis i think is an autoimmune thing, as such the immunity system attacked by sls would be hard to get into full and permenant remission but it will improve and may even go away completely for long periods

but you would probably be pretty lucky for it to never come back even a lil

--
SageMaegick
@sagemaegick
8 years ago
4 posts

Yes, it is autoimmune. I can't take meds for it right now because I'm pregnant, so I've been battling a big flare up with my skin. Certain things like pine tar can slow the development of skin plaque. The plantain peels in African black soap help with the inflammation.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

congrats on the pregnancy ..

well i think your on the right track and id start checking all your products for sls and related and really limit your exposure

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
8 years ago
156 posts

I have read good things about African Black Soap. On a german Dread Page a lot of people using it as a dread shampoo and it seem to work good, at least for them! I want to try it out, too in the near future. I can give you a note about how it works out on my baby dreads (6 month old)...

btw Aleppo Soap should also work good (100% Olive Oil)

updated by @dread-stpauli: 06/16/16 02:56:56PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form