dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about roots

garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Shalom!

Just want to ask few questions about roots. I'm on my 7th month journey, washing 2-3 times a week with DSL Liq. I'm noticing something about my roots. Some becoming tight, some loose, some are just fine. and wanted to know your thoughts.

1. How to make sure roots are being cleaned up in your every wash? - I just noticed that when I feel the roots, there's something like build up or residue maybe? So sometimes I give them a 'scrub-a-lot' by inserting my finger underneath and hard to reach area on them and scrub softly. Will this be okay?

2. Roots congoing or matting? - I have like 3-4 dreadies that's connected on its roots. I do separate but this one I missed sometime and got them congoing or matting when I wake one day, they're there. I'm still trying to separate it but not yet fully separated. Is roots congoing/matting be okay as long as the dread bodies are separated? Or any tips to separate them and to maintain them keep separated?

Any input/s would be appreciated. Thank you.

Peace x

updated by @nattyska: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

u might have to scrape at the scalp to get the dead skin and guunk off so yea i  get my nails in there and  scrape away

as long as the hairs arent connecting up the bodies its fine u can kinda  press 2 fingers down against the scalp then spread em towards the dread to kinda ork the  matted hair at the scalp towards the dread they belong to but you will always have some mating at the scalp  ..

once u switch from liquid to bar it wont be so much of an issue

your still acceleratuing matting with every wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Thank you for the feedback SE as always!

Just thought of might hurting them but yeah will try to scrape slowly softly to maintain them moderately.

I also have the bar one and tried it but only once after I got my DLS package. I still wanted to stick with Liq as some part of my hair are dreading slowly specially above my nape and on front and top of my head. But my 2 bottles DLS Liq is kinda taking forever on my shower. LOL. Will try the bar sometime maybe on my 1 year mark? 

Thank you again.

Peace x

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

u can switch em up now and then

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago