Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Smelly dreadhead - Cause and Prevention

garism
@garism
3 years ago
30 posts

Hi wonderful dreaddy community,

I just want to get your inputs regarding the subject. I know I've read a lot of thread about the topic but I think I'm missing some points.

I'm on my 6th month of neglect/freeform dreading. I'm using TeaTree & Nag Champa Liquid shampoo and Tea Tree bar from DLS + TeaTree EO rinse(sometimes). The trouble I'm having is now is sometimes being kinda smelly dreadhead. I can't actually explain the exact smell to name it, but after my wash day or in between wash day, my head become smelly like a smell of wet/damp hair for long period of time/kinda sweaty smell? maybe?

I noticed this issue when I'm using the liquid one but sometimes when using the bar one, I too got the smell but not that too much like when in the liquid. I know drying your hair is a big factor so sometimes when the time permits I sit/stand under the sun to dry but often times I just sit in front of a fan and wait for like an hour or two  for drying. I also do some Tea Tree EO+water in a spray bottle and use in between wash but maybe I'm missing the correct amount or procedure to apply.

What do you think about this logic? - Residue(becomes dandruff) + Sweat + Not so dry hair after wash = Smelly dreadhead(also itchy)??

Would appreciate any inputs, thanks in advance.

peace out

updated by @garism: 10/07/15 05:11:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

are the dreads thick

id do a rot knot treatment rks wonders

i do one every couple months just as a precautionsry measure

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
garism
@garism
3 years ago
30 posts

Thanks for the feedback @soaring-eagle

Some can be said thick if I'm gonna compare it to the others but not that thick maybe less that a quarter inch in diameter?. But they are only few and others are just thin in sizes and very young @ 6th month.

Is there any alternative for now that I could try and use to see if I'm facing dread rot? (I just ordered months ago from DLS with Liquid&Bar Shampoo). I would definitely order from DLS site but the shipping to my country(Philippines) is kinda high so...

Please let me know.

Peace out

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

white vinaager 3/4 cup 1/4 cup water  a good bit of  lavender like 50 drops   pour on soak 10-30 min then rinse   it might be a bit conditioning on young dreads tho  u can try   just using lavender oil  as a rinse  and...sun dry  sun will kill the mold

wont be as effective as rot knot though..

--
garism
@garism
3 years ago
30 posts

Alright, will try this one but will it be an every wash routine? or is it like once or twice a month to do, as I 'm washing every 2-3 days a week.

Thank you.

Peace out

updated by @garism: 10/08/15 11:44:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

as needed

--
garism
@garism
3 years ago
30 posts

Okay, will try this. Hope this would solve the issue. Will update this post soonest.

As always, thank you @soaring-eagle for the help.

Peace out

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form