dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Smelly dreadhead - Cause and Prevention

garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Hi wonderful dreaddy community,

I just want to get your inputs regarding the subject. I know I've read a lot of thread about the topic but I think I'm missing some points.

I'm on my 6th month of neglect/freeform dreading. I'm using TeaTree & Nag Champa Liquid shampoo and Tea Tree bar from DLS + TeaTree EO rinse(sometimes). The trouble I'm having is now is sometimes being kinda smelly dreadhead. I can't actually explain the exact smell to name it, but after my wash day or in between wash day, my head become smelly like a smell of wet/damp hair for long period of time/kinda sweaty smell? maybe?

I noticed this issue when I'm using the liquid one but sometimes when using the bar one, I too got the smell but not that too much like when in the liquid. I know drying your hair is a big factor so sometimes when the time permits I sit/stand under the sun to dry but often times I just sit in front of a fan and wait for like an hour or two  for drying. I also do some Tea Tree EO+water in a spray bottle and use in between wash but maybe I'm missing the correct amount or procedure to apply.

What do you think about this logic? - Residue(becomes dandruff) + Sweat + Not so dry hair after wash = Smelly dreadhead(also itchy)??

Would appreciate any inputs, thanks in advance.

peace out

updated by @nattyska: 10/07/15 05:11:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

are the dreads thick

id do a rot knot treatment rks wonders

i do one every couple months just as a precautionsry measure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Thanks for the feedback @soaring-eagle

Some can be said thick if I'm gonna compare it to the others but not that thick maybe less that a quarter inch in diameter?. But they are only few and others are just thin in sizes and very young @ 6th month.

Is there any alternative for now that I could try and use to see if I'm facing dread rot? (I just ordered months ago from DLS with Liquid&Bar Shampoo). I would definitely order from DLS site but the shipping to my country(Philippines) is kinda high so...

Please let me know.

Peace out

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

white vinaager 3/4 cup 1/4 cup water  a good bit of  lavender like 50 drops   pour on soak 10-30 min then rinse   it might be a bit conditioning on young dreads tho  u can try   just using lavender oil  as a rinse  and...sun dry  sun will kill the mold

wont be as effective as rot knot though..

--
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Alright, will try this one but will it be an every wash routine? or is it like once or twice a month to do, as I 'm washing every 2-3 days a week.

Thank you.

Peace out

updated by @nattyska: 10/08/15 11:44:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

as needed

--
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Okay, will try this. Hope this would solve the issue. Will update this post soonest.

As always, thank you @soaring-eagle for the help.

Peace out

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form