Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Loose Hairs Within Dreads

Frank84
@frank84
3 years ago
11 posts

First, big thanks for all the helpful information and the fantastic website!  I've had my dreadlocks for a little over a month.  A combination of twist and rip and backcombing, no products used, and I wash with Buck County's tea tree liquid soap twice a week.  Sometimes I spray a tiny bit of tea tree oil diluted in water at spots on my scalp that feel dry.  I have typical Scandinavian type blonde hair.  For work I tie some back loosely and let others hang; outside of work, I let them hang naturally.  My question is, I have about 3 dreadlocks (and others starting) that have completely loose hair near the roots.  I see a lot of topics about loose roots, but not many about sections of straight hair within the actual dread.  I don't touch them, I leave them to do whatever they want.  But I sorta want to know why this has formed in the same spot in a few.  Loose hair at scalp -> knot/dreaded -> 1-2" of straight undreaded hair -> another 6 or more inches of knots and dreaded hair -> then the loose tips (which I want to keep loose).  Some of the straight sections seem to have grown, but I don't see how they could completely straighten out with the knots that have formed below.  Anyways, just curious as to why this happens more than anything, I don't plan on touching them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,420 posts

2 things

1. you had your dreads just over a month  they are babies
  2. you tie your dreads back at work, its proobably loose where its restricted from moving

give em 6 months and you wont be able to find those spots

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Frank84
@frank84
3 years ago
11 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
2 things you had your dreads just over a month  they are babies you tie your dreads back at work, its proobably loose where its restricted from moving give em 6 months and you wont be able to find those spots  

That makes sense considering the spots they're loose are the points furthest from where I tie them; therefore, the tightest spot probably.  I'm going to stop tying them and wear a loose-fitting tam at work.  And yes, they are definitely babies!  Really digging the shampoo you suggested, very nice scents.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,420 posts

and will help them dread fast too

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus