Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to split dreads safley. Really??

Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
9 years ago
33 posts

Just out of curiousity I've been searching the internet on tutorials on how to split dreads (if there is a way to do it even?). Came across this video, and wondering, is this really a ok way to go about it??

updated by @juniper-prla: 05/14/15 05:45:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,639 posts

think about how the hair in dreads is matted in efvery possible direction to split a dread u break every single hair hundreds of times the safe way is to comb it oit and start over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,639 posts

both vids suggest crochet 1 even talks about feltingneedles   ofcourse they dont know whats safe for dreads

--
Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
9 years ago
33 posts

Thats what I thought. It seemed a bit crazy. I wonder how the dreads will look and feel in a year or even in a month..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,639 posts

some might survive   but its high risk as  prretty much every hair segments got an average length of  an inch or less  now so they are  extremely weakened   where the dread would have supported 1000 pounds if left alone   5 pounds  would probavbly snnap it off

it can be done  they might even last but if you tyhink logically about what it is your actualy doing   combing out and starting overs the sensible thing to do

--
SquidFase
@squidfase
9 years ago
24 posts

SE is right. I admit, awhile back I decided to split one of my dreadlocks in back. It was a complete neglect dread (also my longest) But it started to twist in a manner that was making my head hurt so bad. 

I didn't want to comb it out and restart, so I had my husband cut it down the middle. Now I have two dreadlocks that are completely destroyed. They are still dreaded nice near the base, but it will be a long time before I am able to see a normal dreadlock from them again. 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form