Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff problem

Somnium
@somnium
9 years ago
2 posts

Started neglect method in Oct. 2012. It seems that the more mature my dreadlocks become, the more dandruff I get. I wash my hair one to two times a week with either Neutrogena Clean and Clear or Shea Moisture tea tree shampoo. Tonight I tried a baking soda + ACV wash thinking it might help more, paying special attention to my scalp, but I had dandruff again within an hour after washing even though my dreads were still wet. Flipped my hair up to see large, scaly white flakes just above my forehead hairline. The area looks slightly red. Spritzed on some Shea Moisture tea tree elixir which I already do whenever I notice dandruff inbetween washings. Still having flakiness though. It's embarrasing and I want to be able to keep my dreads without people seeing white chunks in them all the time and assuming I don't wash.

Anyone have a similar problem/advice?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary bar..or patchouli  get 1 of each try them see wich works best for u if its  dandruff true dandruff the teatree should if its more like psoriasis the patchouli should

and

stop using hot water!  cool to cold  and finish with the coldest u can stand,

they also just added or will beadding a spray  thats like instant relief   when mine starts getting low i add a lil argon oil to it to  make it last longer   i typicaly spray it on my thumb then use my thumbto wipe it into the affectred areas

1 use of that spray seems to keep tyhe  dry flakiness away  usualy a week but sometimes have to reaply

so if the sprays on the site getthat too if not send her a note requesting it but i think its up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and so good to see u back

ps if u do use the bs/acv make sure you use the proper ratios! and add teatreeand rosemary  especialy rosemary like 3 times as much as teateree

--
Somnium
@somnium
9 years ago
2 posts

Thanks Eagle :).

I'll look into trying the bars, but the Shea Moisture brand I use already contains willow bark extract, african black soap, tea tree oil, aloe, vitamin E, and rosemary extract among other things. I usually switch between that and the Neutrogena to help avoid shampoo buildup. I also already have a tea tree/aloe/willow bark spray, which helps quite a bit but I have to use it really frequently and it doesn't get rid of the dandruff entirely.

I'll try using cold water next time. I usually wash it with the water as hot as I can stand, maybe that's the issue.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yea very often it is hot water dries the hell out of thescalp

switching to cool-cold water made such a drastic diference in my skins dryness

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form