Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Small intro, couple questions

Debora Housewright
2 years ago
1 posts

Hello lovely dreadheads

My name is Debora and I have attempted a dreadlock journey i think a total of 4 times, 1st my hair was too short, 2nd TnR and i didnt like my sections so i took them out, 3rd was at the beginning of this summer but i chicken out, and on Friday I decided to was finally the right time for me. plus ever since I attempted to the beginning of the summer I been teeter-totting the idea by going days without brushing. So Friday I washed my hair with the BS soak, and let it be and I am for one totally in love with the crazyness, my hair isn't dreading of course but it's definitly doing something I never felt so pretty and fierce. I'm going freeform, and have maybe 4 TnR just to see the difference. I tried searching for my answers but so much different information left me somewhat confused. Before embarking in this journey I usually wash my hair 2-3 week, and am not sure if I should wait a week before i wash again, and I do not live anywhere cool and was just gonna be washing with the BS soak and ACV rinse. is this not a great idea, i read its a great deep cleanse but not for a washing routine? Plus I do have very hard water as well so should I be using distilled water for washes or should they be ok with the baking soda and ACV?

Thanks for all the help, I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I just like extra clarifying.

updated by @debora-housewright: 01/13/15 10:05:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
2 years ago
27,269 posts

baking soda and acv is great to start or as an ocasional deep cleanse but i found aafter 4 years of using only that that my hair was sitgnificantly weakened so i switched to and its way stronger and healthier now those are made for hard water bvs/acv should work fine in hard water its the alkaline water in uk that seems to cause the only issues with it..that or way off ratios

u shouldnt need duistilled water

if u want to wash every 3 days wash every 3 days thats fine and will most likely dreead faster then if u washed less often (not always the case Just usually)

if u want to use bs acv use it properly no lemon no mixing the bs and acv together always rinse between the 2 and use the right ratios

consider a good natural dread shampoo if not now then later

although is the most highly recomended if u click the shops link in the menu theres many other options and we dont alow any to be listed that dont meet our high standards and ethics

Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Abuse counselor at:
Expose The Abuse (coming soon)
2 years ago
197 posts
Love you sexy!
Dislike 0

Share This

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form