Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tight roots

Nathaniel Lopez
@nathaniel-lopez
10 years ago
26 posts

So, I have not done anything with my locks since I started them four months ago. All I do it wash, dry and separate like normal, However, my roots locked up REALLY fast and super tight. It pulls on my scalp sometimes when I go to bed and I have started waking up with a sore scalp. I worry about the long term damage this might have. Again, I have not done any tightening or any crazy products. Should I be worried or not. The only thing that seems to help is to very carefully pull each lock apart at the root to loosen it. Any ideas or suggestions?

updated by @nathaniel-lopez: 01/13/15 10:05:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

are u seperating how bigs each section

aloe or jojoba on the roots might be an option

they must wanna dread super fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anna Blocker
@anna-blocker
10 years ago
25 posts

Mine did the same did the same thing, my hair is curly and it dreaded up so fast in the back my roots got tight, so far i have just allowed them to grow some which has helped, dreads are ever changing so they have loosened and tightened and loosened again etc.
If one or two single hairs are tugging its usually because they dont "belong" in that one dread so i separate them out. And found a way to sleep without any tugging, (for me moving them all in one direction did the trick.)
I also avoid rubbing too much (such as while washing) so that im not making more knots form to fast.
Letting my hair get a bit more "dirty" and therefore a tiny bit more natural oils being in the hair helps a little too.

Hope you can find a solution!

Good luck!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form