Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hmm.. Residue, or something else?

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

I've noticed recently that certain parts of my hair are much lighter/grayish.. These parts aren't sticky, and when I rub on them, it seems that nothing comes off.. It doesn't seem like a typical residue, as the actual color of the hair seems to be different.. When I look at the locks I actually have forming though, the lighter hairs almost make it look as if they are being bound by some type of residue. Not really sure what is going on, and I will try and post some pics, but has anyone had any similar experiences? It is kind of hard for me to explain, so I know posting some pics would definitely help.. But yeah, actual strands of hair seem to be much lighter/grayish but the gray color won't rub off, and the hairs aren't particularly sticky.. I would think that if it was gray hair that they would be gray from the root, but they are not.. And my actual locks I have that also have these hairs in them, within the lock it gives the look of it being residue related.. But I'm not sure. I use the Dreadlockshampoo bars at the moment.

updated by @naturaldreads01: 02/15/15 05:49:03AM
Lauryn Dowding
@lauryn-dowding
10 years ago
48 posts

Hey man, there was a post on this a few months ago so shall try and find it for you, can't even remember what it said. Couldn't you try a few washes with baking soda and apple cider vinegar to give it a deep clean and see if this changes anything? I'm not much help here, give me a pm whenever you get the chance, need a well deserved catch up.

Peace and Love.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

I think I've decided that it is some type of residue.. Now I'm just trying to find/decide on a good cleanse.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

I've heard people say that they've had their hair turn that lighter white color from over using baking soda. For me personally it was really drying and now I'm faithful the dreadlockshampoo too. I have noticed that of all the different scents I've tried that 1 (Patchouli) leaves a build up over time (about a month)...of course it's my favorite. It's sticky for me though and not light in color. I use Pantene Clarifying and I think it works great. Before I found that 1 I was suggested to try the blue Dawn dish soap and that really stripped it...frizzed it and tangled it good too. I wish you luck in getting it out

Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
10 years ago
19 posts
Howdy btother.. I would, perhaps, try rinsing with purified/spring water a few times.. don't use any soap; simply rinse it 2 or 3 times to try to remove the stubborn residue.. that would be my best advice k nnn, nnnnnnnnn
Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
10 years ago
19 posts
Hope you find resolution breddah.. peace!
Lauryn Dowding
@lauryn-dowding
10 years ago
48 posts

I agree just keep giving it thorough rinses out and see if that makes any different. Goodluck man!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

probly lint?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

Ah.. Yeah.. I was wondering about the patchouli one...

Brandi Wilson said:

I've heard people say that they've had their hair turn that lighter white color from over using baking soda. For me personally it was really drying and now I'm faithful the dreadlockshampoo too. I have noticed that of all the different scents I've tried that 1 (Patchouli) leaves a build up over time (about a month)...of course it's my favorite. It's sticky for me though and not light in color. I use Pantene Clarifying and I think it works great. Before I found that 1 I was suggested to try the blue Dawn dish soap and that really stripped it...frizzed it and tangled it good too. I wish you luck in getting it out

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

Isn't there some type of white vinegar residue cleansing rinse?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form