Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Giving dreading another shot.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
11 years ago
45 posts

Hello all, about a year ago i tried going the natural dreading route but due to some unforeseen circumstances i had to cut all my hair off. Now things are settled down and I'm giving dreads another shot. i've been neglecting my hair for about a month now and sections are coming along nicely, I'm using shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com and trying to wait patiently for things to do their thing. However does anyone have advice on saltwater soaks or possibly drying my hair after showers? I've heard tons of different things but since i only know one other person in real life with dreads I'm weary of taking that advice. Thanks jn advance!

updated by @colyn-robinson: 02/14/15 04:46:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the pink sea dsalt from the same sites amazing

air/drip/sun dry when i can blow when u must try to avoid towelks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

Small update, been about two and a half months since i stopped brushing my hair and things are moving smoothly. My hair has sectioned itself out and is starting to get a little wild but my progress is slowed since they make me wear a hat at work. I get more excited by the day to see what my hair will do next, but I'm rather impatient and want my hair to start locking. Just going to take it one day at a time though.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

see if a loose scarf will be good enough instead of a tight hat

--
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

YAY! Just got two new bars of shampoo from Dreadlockshampoo.com and i can't wait to use them!

On another note one of my lovely coworkers gave me a much looser beanie to wear at work so my hair won't be so constricted. My hairs already gotten a lot more frizzy and happy curls all around.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

I've been using dread shampoo since i decided to give dreads another shot, but tonight i decided to do a baking soda wash and right when i dumped the water on my head it felt real oily and slimy. Is that fairly normal or is it just washing all the junk out of my hair and off my head?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

what ratio did u use and was it baking soda not baking powder ..and add anything else?

--
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

i used about a 1/10 ratio like you recommend, maybe a little less, maybe a little over. I used a gatorade bottle so my measuring might have been a little off. I didn't add anything else, just BS/ACV rinse. Now that its all done and dry my hair is happy and my head is clean. Guess it was just a lot of build up washing out at once.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
10 years ago
45 posts

Been about 4 months since i stopped brushing and my hair is sectioned and crazy,but i haven't seen anything more than wild bedhead. Should i be seeing knotting yet or is that still a bit away?

Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
10 years ago
57 posts

You have any way to post pictures? You should at least have some babies starting by now depending on your hair type.

Colyn Robinson said:

Been about 4 months since i stopped brushing and my hair is sectioned and crazy,but i haven't seen anything more than wild bedhead. Should i be seeing knotting yet or is that still a bit away?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form