dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

recent crochet convert help!

Sarah Knight
@sarah-knight
11 years ago
1 posts

Hi everyone!

I've had my locks for just under a year and was crocheting up until about 4 months ago when I discovered that was the cause of all the frizz. Now I'm trying to wait out the frizz regrowth and it is getting a bit better but now I'm finding I have a lot of 1 or more inch ling pieces of loose hair which I've been weaving into the roots of my dreads by hand every morning but they don't stay. Once they get long enough will they start to dread themselves? Or attach themselves to other dreads? Trying to have patience!

Thanks!

updated by @sarah-knight: 01/13/15 09:56:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup they gotta get longer then 1 inch just leave em alone they will take care of themselves completely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u gotta stop f;uipping the roots too thats as bad if not worse then crochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

When dreads are just starting out, the roots will be about 3 to 4 inches loose, undreaded hair. Once they are fully mature, they are still loose for about the first inch. This allows the dreads to move about without causing scalp stress. This is how natural dreads should be. Dreads are an amazing thing, they dread all on their own without doing anything to the roots. Be good to your dreads and scalp, don't use your hands to try and change what is happening up there. All you need to do is keep them clean and separate any sections trying to join onto another...that's it. Easy huh........Do you know what caused all those loose 1 inch hairs? The crochet hook breaking them and that is your new regrowth. Due to the hook, your dreads will be mature at about the 2 year mark, so have patience, you will be fine.......peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form