Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ratios: Baking soda wash Apple cider vinegar rinse Sea salt mix

Salem Haley
@salem-haley
11 years ago
4 posts

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you for this!

updated by @salem-haley: 07/27/15 07:46:18AM
curtis2
@curtis2
11 years ago
8 posts
Thanks how many times a week do i do this
dizzy
@dizzy
11 years ago
21 posts

Though I've been dreading for nearly two months, I did my first bs wash last night. Not even kidding, my scalp has never felt this clean after 24 hours!

(Previously I was using a clarifying shampoo for oily hair, but I think I'll be switching to bs as soon as I can pick up some more.)

Janeen Nelson
@janeen-nelson
10 years ago
7 posts
I have only had my dreads for about a week and I JUST LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM! I washed for the 1st time yesterday, with a vegan shampoo I have been using for several months. I have a couple questions: with new locs, 1) how often should I do the BS/acv clRamses? 2) how badly will the BS strip my hair color? (I have always colored my hair red & I colored it about 2 weeks prior to dreading. I don't want to strip the color, but I do want to help my hair lock up) and finally, 3) How often should I spray the sea salt mixture on them? I have oily, thick, straight, extremely healthy hair and after the 1st wash quite a few of them have loosened a lot at the roots. I want them to lock up the best they can and I've heard that the BS/acv & sea salt helps a lot but I'm just not sure when or how often to use them. Thank you for the post & any quick responses! I LOVE THIS SITE & COME TO IT FOR ALL MY DREAD QUESTIONS!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

oh i thought u had them 2 months ok well just cause its a vegan sowsop dont make it agood dread soap

baking soda will strip color but if u sklip the acv will also strop oiliness

tho u dont need to do baking soda at all

www.dreadlockshampoo.com makes awesome vegan sosps just for dreads

the liquid contains sea salt they have a sea salt spray too

moiswt sea saltt sprays u want a 3.5% salinity and only spray on a few hours b4 u wash or rinse

the dtreadlockshampoo 1 has added vitamnins and proteins that make it safwer to leave in

but weekly is really plenty often

u can wash 1-3 tikes a week tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Janeen Nelson
@janeen-nelson
10 years ago
7 posts
I have been using the BS/ACV wash 2-3 times a week since I began my locks almost 3 weeks ago. Obviously they have loosened up at the roots, just like everyone's do lol, but are holding together really well for the most part. Would it be a bad idea to just do the baking soda wash & skip on the Acv for a little while? Or just use the acv maybe once a week instead of every time?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

depends only reason to do that is if your oily u can use the acv very weak but u do want to keep the ph in the right range

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
J-Dub
@j-dub
10 years ago
6 posts

What shampoo are you using in between your monthly rinses?

the Barrellady said:

That's righ Antonio, Wash with the BS, rinse well, Then use the ACV, and rinse . Mixing them together at once causes damage to the scalp, you can burn it. Using them one at a time is safe and healthy for dreads and scalp. I did this for my entire first year of dreading, now do it once a month to exfoliate my scalp...peace

Antonio Llamar said:

so after you wash with the BS.. rinse and then use ACV? since you said not to mix ?

Thedude_676
@thedude-676
6 years ago
1 posts
So I just used the baking soda mix and apple cider vinegar mix my hair feels super greasy did I mess up?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form