Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My First Polyclay Beads

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

First beads I've made from brand FIMO clay.

^_^

updated by @alyssayul: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

very cool

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Those are so cute!!! I love the big red one!!! How do u make them? I would love to do that!!!
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Those are so cute!!! I love the big red one!!! How do u make them? I would love to do that!!!
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

do you have to use a kiln? or just set n dry, or would the oven work? when i get some good baby locks going i cant wait to start making beads like this. yours look very cool, i would wear them :)

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts

Thanks! ^_^ I enjoy putting them on my dreads.

You just buy a polymer clay, the only one I could find around here is FIMO but it's not very good, it's a bit too hard and takes ages to soften it up by cutting and kneading it. Then I take different colors and layer them together one on top of each other in little squares then try to poke through the layers with whatever I can find to use like a tool to create different patterns then I push the sides together to compact it so that there's no air in between. Cut the resulted square into slices and now the slices will have different colors in them because of the poking through it and then use those squares to wrap around some metal rod so that it won't burn in the over. Then usually on the packaging of the clay it will say how long you have to keep them in the over and at what temperature. Just follow the instructions and make sure there is so smoke coming out, if there's smoke that means the temperature is too much. And be sure to keep it the exact right time that is specified, this way it will be durable for a long time.

I also use a roller thing for making dough but a mechanical one to flatten the clay. Basically you can do anything with it, experiment to make different patterns and designs and then wrap around some metal rod and shape it, that's it.

There ones are pretty basic,I wanna try going for something more complicated and try to attach stuff to them like feathers and stuff, then maybe sell them on Etsy or something. I wonder if anyone would buy it?

I'm also making crochet tams and beanies too, gonna try making a dreadlock tube next, cuz I want one xD

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

niiice thanks for the advice and info! ill buy a tam off ya once my babies are locking

Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

these look cool! I like making polymer clay beads too. I use a seperate toaster oven that I use only for polymer claycreations. And I keep the area well ventilated too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form