Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
27,404 posts
in philly we got a colonial school that teaches a curriculim like it was colonial times..so rwading writting m rythmatic plus weaving sewing kjnitting farming..i think stuff like butter and soap makinga freind was hoping to teach there..i think the whole concepts interestingdani said:
when one wants a advise in croching, love to help :))
must say, i do without counting, without a patron

as i usually give much away, i do not have much here to show ( will try to do later )
once you can do crocheting you can do much with it, also think about adding little brim on tshirt , you can make flowers and add this too

sad that those handwork you do no longer learn on school, the computer came instead

and SE i would use a big croching needle lol and thick wool that goes fast



--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 11:32:07AM
Jo
@jo
7 years ago
176 posts
that seems pretty simple, I'm definitely going to try thatThanks!!Izzy-licious said:
i found an awesome really easy pattern for simple little flowers I added one on my new hat I made but used twine instead of warn so it is a different texture

start with your slip knot on your hook but make sure you have a 3 inch tail.
chain 4 and join using a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the first chain with a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the second chain with a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the third chain with a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the fourth chain with a slip stitch.
tie off final stitch and cut leaving a 3 -4 in tail again. I worked my 2nd tail across so that it was opposite my first tail. * you use the tails to attach it to the work you are putting the flower on. I will try to make some pictures of this today! :D
Jo
@jo
7 years ago
176 posts
that would be really cool!soaringeagle said:
in philly we got a colonial school that teaches a curriculim like it was colonial times..so rwading writting m rythmatic plus weaving sewing kjnitting farming..i think stuff like butter and soap making
a freind was hoping to teach there..i think the whole concepts interesting

dani said:
when one wants a advise in croching, love to help :))
must say, i do without counting, without a patron

as i usually give much away, i do not have much here to show ( will try to do later )
once you can do crocheting you can do much with it, also think about adding little brim on tshirt , you can make flowers and add this too

sad that those handwork you do no longer learn on school, the computer came instead

and SE i would use a big croching needle lol and thick wool that goes fast
dani2
@dani2
7 years ago
51 posts
oooooooo what a nice side Izzy-liciousi could never explained it like thislove it direct add to my favorittesthis kind of school would make people happy again, but yes with happy people you cannot easy make much profit
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
7 years ago
183 posts
*** edit to the original pattern and cuz I tried to make one and it looked so funny i thought i better check the patter and sure enough...Here it is straig from the site and it looks much better when you do it right ;)

ch 4 leaving a tail 3-4 inches. Join with sl st to form loop.(Ch 3, Sc 1 into loop) 4 times.Ch 3. Join with sl st to base of first ch 3. (You now have five petals.Fasten off, leaving a tail 3-4 inches.Using the two tail ends, attach flower to garment. Pull both ends up to the front of the flower through the center. Knot. Trim ends to approximately 1/4 inch. Fray ends to fluff the center of the flower.Jo McClelland said:
that seems pretty simple, I'm definitely going to try that
Thanks!! Izzy-licious said:
i found an awesome really easy pattern for simple little flowers I added one on my new hat I made but used twine instead of warn so it is a different texture

start with your slip knot on your hook but make sure you have a 3 inch tail.
chain 4 and join using a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the first chain with a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the second chain with a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the third chain with a slip stitch.
chain 3 and join to original chain in the fourth chain with a slip stitch.
tie off final stitch and cut leaving a 3 -4 in tail again. I worked my 2nd tail across so that it was opposite my first tail. * you use the tails to attach it to the work you are putting the flower on. I will try to make some pictures of this today! :D

updated by @izzy-licious: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
77 posts
I got a question about these tams, do they help your hair lock up quicker? And does it have to be wool?Because I had went out and bought one. If you want to call it a tam, It has a lid like the baseball hats. But its also 100% cotton.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
27,404 posts
they do help dread faster and wool dues help way more then cottonmost likely cause wool causes static clingid get a wool one tooAngel said:
I got a question about these tams, do they help your hair lock up quicker? And does it have to be wool?

Because I had went out and bought one. If you want to call it a tam, It has a lid like the baseball hats. But its also 100% cotton.



--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Nathan Warren
@nathan-warren
6 years ago
35 posts
has anyone attempted to make this tam? i started and the tam just kept growing into a giant circle. i think its the plans for just the crown of the hat. could someone help me finish it? or direct me the right direction if im wrong. please and thank you.
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
6 years ago
183 posts
You have to do what is called drop stitch. basically you skip a chain and do it gradually and you will start to see a curve. I would look it up for a more detailed description. I don;t usually follow patterns once I learn how to do a specific stitch so my telling you would probably not be accurate.
Jo
@jo
6 years ago
176 posts
I have made about 10 of em. If it keeps getting bigger, you are adding a stitch somewhere.Nathan Warren said:
has anyone attempted to make this tam? i started and the tam just kept growing into a giant circle. i think its the plans for just the crown of the hat. could someone help me finish it? or direct me the right direction if im wrong. please and thank you.
 
 / 3
 
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus