Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

makeshift dreadbeads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
one of my beard dreads never wanted to dread since everytime i go to move my head dreads outta the way parts of it would become entangled splitting it apart4 am looking for a solution but too lazy to get outta bed to search farther then i could reach i started desperately looking for anything to use as a temporary beadfinaly the only thing i could find was a pencilpoppin out the eraser then trying hard to get the metal sleeve that held it in place to come loose eventualy it broke free and i pushed it on..unfortunately it slid almost all the way up finaly sticking just an inch from my chin..i wasnt happy with that so slid it 1/2 way down and pinched it (the metal bent very easily..so easily that ya gotta be careful not to crush it putting it in)so now i got a flattened gold colored cuff in the middle holdin it all together and have no doubts it will dread up in a couple weeks or soso what odd lil things have u stuck in your dreads either tohelp em along or just have a place to put em..or just cause yoir a lil whacky like me?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 11/13/21 03:18:33AM
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
me friend had a modus bearing spacer in his, round bits of metal, the tops off cans like the thing that has 2 holes in it,a pencil drilled out through the middle
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
one guy i knew called homself quetzequatal (spelling) he thoiught he was the aztec or mayan or whatever god (lived in the jungle in belize too long i think)but he had a bowl hangin from 1 dread a fork on the end of another and a spoon on a third so hed always have something to eat with wherever he went

--
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
lolyer ive seen some weird stuff on dreads but yer i can never think of anything to put on mine except for like string and stuff
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
soaringeagle said:
one guy i knew called homself quetzequatal (spelling) he thoiught he was the aztec or mayan or whatever god (lived in the jungle in belize too long i think)
but he had a bowl hangin from 1 dread a fork on the end of another and a spoon on a third so hed always have something to eat with wherever he went
thats pretty handy :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sure is when u live in the wilderness Iain said:
soaringeagle said:
one guy i knew called homself quetzequatal (spelling) he thoiught he was the aztec or mayan or whatever god (lived in the jungle in belize too long i think)
but he had a bowl hangin from 1 dread a fork on the end of another and a spoon on a third so hed always have something to eat with wherever he went

thats pretty handy :P

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if it dont ya know someone at another gathering will give ya something cool...and magicaly your shell will fit 1 of their dreads perfectly..in fact it will be inj your pocket for some reason even though u havent touched it in well over 2 years

--
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
i had a scallp shell with jsut the right size hole to put in on my back fatty with the small tip, and soda tabs i've seen, or bottle caps from sprechar or bottled beer, pinched on
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
most of my hair isnt ready for stuff to stay in, but i pin my bead strings to my bandanna an if my glass blunt ever breaks it will be perfect to slip on a dread
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Lets see I used to put alot of beads in but they would hurt when I was sleeping. I had part of a broken chillium- its was clean but I had it when my dreads werent as dready and it broke in the shower. Had a few circle style ear rings in a dread for a while. I need some new beads, some fat ones.
updated by @gratefulnick: 07/22/15 11:32:37AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form