Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread accessories

Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts

So i like to see flashy colors or cool treasures in peoples dreads or ny other hair style, this is a place for sharing ideas or proven ways to dress your dreads .

updated by @lost: 02/14/15 03:35:07AM
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
Well ive been making my own dread deco, from bead string made of small seed beads an randome treasures to hand made large wooden beadson the practical side the large beads will help me in the locking process, the strings will hemp me keep my hair from falling into my face if i put them in the right place an bolth distract me from going tottaly OCD on the little things my hair doseon the shinny side they look nice, my strings are fun to make (check out the craft catagorie to see some cool stuff) an realy bring my hair to life, defining me spacifictly, an the large beads tend to dress up the plainer looking dreads at the roots so they look more indavidule from the next, there cool to just kick back an widdle out as well,i have pics of most of my stuff up at my photo bucket acout just go to my page an theres a note at the t the top of my written section on how to find it.
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
that's cool man yeah the good thing about beads in your hair is that they can be functional as well which is always a plus. I love making peyote stitches I have them in my hair the very first one that I finished fell out because I didn't have the technique down I guess I got it pretty much figured out now though cus they've been staying in my hair lately. I think I'm going to start giving them away as gifts to some of the peeps on the forum once I get off my ass and start making them.
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
that is awesome!! i like both ur guys ideas!! tha tron said:
that's cool man yeah the good thing about beads in your hair is that they can be functional as well which is always a plus. I love making peyote stitches I have them in my hair the very first one that I finished fell out because I didn't have the technique down I guess I got it pretty much figured out now though cus they've been staying in my hair lately. I think I'm going to start giving them away as gifts to some of the peeps on the forum once I get off my ass and start making them.
Denea
@denea
15 years ago
3 posts
I only have 2 treasures in my dreadies, I used brown thread and simply sewed a metal necklace pendant into my 2 favorite dreads. But as time goes on I really want to wrap a couple of them. What are peyote sticks
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
see our shops specificly knottysleevs shop http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/our-members-shops Denea said:
I only have 2 treasures in my dreadies, I used brown thread and simply sewed a metal necklace pendant into my 2 favorite dreads. But as time goes on I really want to wrap a couple of them. What are peyote sticks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
lol. i have beer caps and coll colored pop tabs in my dreads. theres also some peyote stitches, wooden beads and i used hemp and kinda wraped them but to where it looked like x`s goin down my dreads. i also have one of those rings u get out of quarter machines on one of my bigger ones. its funny cuz ppl will always be like is that a beer cap? hah thats cool. im like a collector of misc. things and i stick em in my hair. i love it. it makes them so diffrent
Karma Jane
@karma-jane
15 years ago
39 posts
I have never dyed my hair or anything, and I don't plan on it.. so its nice to decorate the crown of glory from time to time. I go through different phases where I tie all kinds of beads rocks shells and rings into my hair, but then sometimes I just want to see them in all their natural glory. I was wearing a $5000 ring in my hair once and didn't even know it!! I really love peyote stitches.. especially to cover and fix crazy loops. small artificial flowers and ribbons look really pretty when tied into dreads too!
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
i have sum rings which hav deffinatly grown on mebut my favorites r glass piecesoyyy i gott sucha good idea for the nex glassblower i meet hahahhaoh yah n i luv it when das caps get rocked!! hahahhah
Tonia Alford
@tonia-alford
15 years ago
2 posts
I like to take cool beer bottle tops and bend them around a few dreads and they sound cool hiking and good to scare the bears away. : )
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form