Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Headband Giveaway Feb 2014

SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
10 years ago
58 posts
So, we *tried* to do our 3rd giveaway on our blog and even included youtube subscribers in the eligible to win but somehow it failed... like 200 people and it still failed. Either the prize wasn't worth trading their mailing address for, or none of the 3 people who were picked check their inboxes, so it's up for grabs still... Anybody want a handmade headband?Yes, we're just giving this away... might stuff some other goodies in the package, too. If there's a response to this, we will do giveaways here specifically for all our dreaded (and non) friends here at dreadlockssite.All you have to do is live in the u.s., and be willing to message us your shipping info(we value privacy and promise we wont use it for anything other than shipping). I can alter a headbands length and width for you if you send your head measurement, too. (You wont be sent the headband that has been worn in the photo, but it is cut from the same cloth) A salvaged vintage fabric blend of cotton and spandex. It is stretchable and washable. Possibly even dyable. It will be sent in either a reused, or reusable mailer.Just send a message saying "I want it" and we will inform you if you were the first to get your info and send it out. Ready? Go!
updated by @simplespiveys: 02/14/15 03:18:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i want it but only if noone else wants or needs it more..id rather see it go to anyonee else but id love it if it doesnt

yea weve had trouble with giveaways too ..but i loved doing them

would be so happy to see the tradition continue

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

I'm sorry you had problems with your giveaway. I think it turned out awesome! I wish I was crafty. I'm with Eagle on this...I want it, but if there is a person out there who can't afford 1 then by all means, pass it on. Thank you for including us in on this!!!

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

, are you starting a business. ? Would love to buy handmade.

taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

Over the years I have collected, been gifted and made many hair bands, scarves and head wraps. I have an overflowing drawer full. So I would rather someone without any or someone with only a few of them receive your beautiful band. There are so many people starting out that have nothing to pull their knots back with. I remember a time when I didn't.

It is lovely!! I would be proud to wear it. I think your give away is a GREAT idea!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

taye if you got a drawerfull want to add a couple so a few ppl can get some?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
I want one!
Ixchel
@ixchel
10 years ago
597 posts

i'd love to receive a headband from someone else & I can "pay it forward" & send a headband or tam out :)

SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
10 years ago
58 posts
Thanks for the responses everybody. Definitely a better turnout here.@ S.E.: send your head measurement if you can get it so I can make you a custom one! Since your dreads are super long, send your preferred length, too. It's the least I could do for you starting this whole community.Everybody else, I'll be messaging you! Since I've got quite a bit of fabric, I think I can do more than one :)
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

I don't think anyone wants a used one from me. But I might be able to make another.

soaring eagle said:

taye if you got a drawerfull want to add a couple so a few ppl can get some?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form