Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Am I doing this right?

Rose
@rose
6 years ago
102 posts

My friend gave me his broken headphones because I like to make little bracelets with the wire inside lol. I was just making one when I realized I could use the wire as a wrap. So, I took this little section that always annoyingly hangs in my face and tried as best as I could to wrap the wire around it. I don't know how people do wraps lol, but I just tried to make it look like pictures I've seen.

Did I do this right? Is there even a wrong way lol? Is there some weird thing I don't know about wire that makes this bad?

Just being careful :p

updated by @rose: 02/14/15 06:15:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,421 posts

wraps are usualy embroidery thread or hemp so r=they can move

it looks like u did the x wrap thingy..then theres actual wraps and then the fancy macreme like knotted wraps

wire can have rough ends that snag hairs and can be a pain in the ass (besides being stiff)

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Rose
@rose
6 years ago
102 posts

I did another one that is like string or yarn or something. It's a lot prettier :)

I see the rough ends on the wire one though.

Yeah I did the X wrap thing and wasn't even sure you'd call it a wrap. It was driving me crazy trying to remember if there was a different thing you called it.

So, my hair can knot when it's held by a wrap like this? It seems like it wouldn't exactly help.

updated by @rose: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,421 posts

give it a few weeks and see

--
Rose
@rose
6 years ago
102 posts

Hehe okay :p

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
6 years ago
59 posts
So wait, even though my dreads aren't formed I can start doing wraps on some of the sections?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,421 posts

-ofcourese..but

the dread wil form with a dskinny tail and thicker roots

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
6 years ago
597 posts

my have-been-wrapped sections are the furthest along of my baby dreadies. i just would use open wraps or just wrap a small section so most of the hair could still move about well, & I only leave the wraps on a few days (maybe a week). Beads are normally easier to use, but wraps can be super pretty & colorful & fun texture to add (& helpful when beads won't stay in yet!).

Jackie
@jackie
6 years ago
79 posts
This looks way easier to get out then embroidery floss! I made the mistake of knotting each round and had to literally cut out hundreds of little piece of thread. I like the upcycling idea! It doesn't look like it's gonna hold, but nifty temporary lil thing you got there. :)
Rose
@rose
6 years ago
102 posts

I would be too scared to get near my hair with scissors haha, I'm really clumsy.

Yeah I noticed they were starting to slip today, so I just slid it down and it came off.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form