Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Where to get dread beads?

Kass
@kass
13 years ago
33 posts

I'm throwing out the comb on April 2nd!! SO EXCITED!

I'm thinking about the future though when I might need to put beads on my dreads. I'm really poor and I know I'll need more than like 5 beads. When I go searching for beads they want like 2-5 bucks a pop for that crap! I can't afford that!

I was wondering if anyone knows where to purchase any of these things wholesale? Like a huge bag for cheap? I'm planning on putting stuff that I just find in them when they get more mature, but I'm just looking for things to put on to hold them together or whatever in the future (that's what they're for right?)

AHHH! Thanks.

updated by @kass: 02/14/15 03:51:58AM
john kopfle
@john-kopfle
13 years ago
50 posts
Idk where to get a huge bag of them but I kno etsy.com sells awesome beads. But I would try like an arts and crafts store normally they have like big buckets of sweet beads u can grab for dirt cheap. And yes hey help hold the hair together. And help with the dreading process also they look sweet!
Ms. Lambergiinnii
@ms-lambergiinnii
13 years ago
6 posts
I went to a local bead store and got 3 very nice blue glass beads of medium size for 2 dollars, I would recommend a local independent store that sells beads.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
you can get packages of wood beads in a variety of sizes at craft stores like michaels or joanns. i think they're around $3 a bag.
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
I got a box of wooden beads from Walmart for only 4 bucks and also I work at Joann Fabrics and like Heather said, it only cost like 3 bucks and we have a ton of sizes. Also I've used bake shop clay (its actually by sculpty but like a dollar cheaper)..either way though polymer clay is awesome to make beads with and you can make a ton out of just one block of clay. It only runs about 2 dollars by the way.
Kass
@kass
13 years ago
33 posts
Thanks so much everyone!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
OMG ty for that link been playing with clay and have had a hard time finding out how to make some of that fun stuff and the putting it in a fridge before slicing will help out a lot w/ smooshing!!! yay!
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
How many beads come in a bag from Sally's and how big is the diameter of the beads? I totally want to buy some!
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
Thanks! I think I might get some :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form