Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
TXmomDani
@txmomdani
8 years ago
39 posts

Okay. I have a few wooden beads that I will stick in there today. 

TXmomDani
@txmomdani
8 years ago
39 posts

Soaring Eagle,

I do pyrography (woodburning) as a hobby. I decided to give it a try on some wooden beads I had a bag of. It looks really neat! I might throw some on etsy if I can get a few people who have dreads approve. Is there anyone you know of who would be willing to let me send them one for free just to get some feedback?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you can set up a shop here too we really need a whole lot more shops here (tyeres a bug in the shop page that will be fixed in the next site upgrade coming  within a week probly)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

ill take 1 :) id be honoured

--
TXmomDani
@txmomdani
8 years ago
39 posts

Yay! My email is mikedaniellev@Gmail.com

You can send me your mailing address and I will get one to you. :)

hallations
@hallations
8 years ago
4 posts

Are there any secrets to getting a bead to stick?  I'm really looking forward to putting them in my hair, but I really only have one baby dread, and the rest are still just sections.  I'd like to put some beads in (especially the sections if possible to help them dread), but I'm afraid of them all falling out.  I'm also afraid of using one that's ultimately going to be too small once my dreads mature, just to get it to stay in initially.  Any advice, or do I just need to be patient?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

if you put 1 in early and don't move it a lot it will be in for years and years. to get them to stick, i take a thread, make a loop, put the loop through the bead,  twirl the end of the section/dread in my mouth so it forms a point  grab that point in the loop of thread  close to the end and use the loop to pull it through the bead. once i can grip it with fingers push it up till it sticks..if it goes to the roots  i try a smaller bead or bigger dread/section

on undreaded hair its sure to need a small bead that will indeed get stuck

so many use cheap wood beads they can break off later..that or beads they won't mind wearing for years and years

--
hallations
@hallations
8 years ago
4 posts

Thanks, SE.

TXmomDani
@txmomdani
8 years ago
39 posts

Everything else on my head is dreading nicely, but this bottom/back section is refusing to do anything. It is 3-4 inches longer than the rest because all of my other hair is shrinking. I was considering putting small beads in sections of my undreaded hair to maybe help the process along. What is your opinion on that, Soaring Eagle?

As always, thank you. 

undreaded.jpg
undreaded.jpg  •  670KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

as long as they stick they will help

the ones you sent were mall they should  fit an undreaded section beautifully

--

/ 5