Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
last year
27,413 posts

ill try to later multitasking my ass off as usual

that sitwes going to stay live but be obsolete when the new sites up so wont be updated or added to however we may still offer those xzencart shops to those whho need more configuration options and dont mind the added hassle of configging them

out of the 90+ shops instal,led only 4 were set up and i had to do 90% of the setup on those 4

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:17:45AM
Heatherfish
@heatherfish
last year
36 posts

I've worn and made every bead known to man and never have I had a problem with mold. I slide my beads daily just a bit to make sure they do not become permanently lodged in my hair... even as my dreads matured, 2 years later, moving them in this way still kept them from getting stuck... it also allowed them to dry underneath.

The only downfall to wood beads is the wear and tare if they are a permanent accessory. Much like wood beads and bangles, the finish can wear off fast or slow depending on the type of finish used by the artisan and the amount of water the wood is exposed too. Even if the finish wears off, however, this will not ruin the bead itself, just the shine.

Great beads there fox :)

Jasper
@jasper23
last year
6 posts

updated by @jasper23: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jasper
@jasper23
last year
6 posts

Great beads Fox, I'd like to get some more wooden ones one day when my locks start to thicken more. <3 the orange tree is awesome, and I totally dig the earthly ones. For the inlay, what kind of stones have you used? Is it possible to request other stones/ crystals too?

Fox said:

As long as I have you here in a thread, I was wondering if you'd be willing to add my shop to the dread accessories section of the shop pages? I'm listed under arts and crafts right now, which is great! But since I have a big stock of dread beads now (and listing more every day), I was thinking it would help people find me. I know things will change up when the new site goes live, but even just for now would be great! We could use the dread bead section link so people can click through directly to the dread bead part of the shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OneUrbanTribe?section_id=10443153

Jasper
@jasper23
last year
6 posts

Awesome choice Taye! I'd love to see it on your beautiful locs =]

taye said:

Fox, I just ordered your green tree bead :) thanks

Fox2
@fox2
last year
7 posts

I ship worldwide! Each inlaid bead is different, I usually use gemstones or glass. The individual listings have descriptions where it describes the materials I used for each unique bead. If you would like a custom bead, just let me know and we can work out the details. :)

Jasper
@jasper23
last year
6 posts

Sounds awesome =] You rock! we will keep in touch. Thanks a Million!

Warmest Regards

Fox said:

I ship worldwide! Each inlaid bead is different, I usually use gemstones or glass. The individual listings have descriptions where it describes the materials I used for each unique bead. If you would like a custom bead, just let me know and we can work out the details. :)

little bird
@little-bird
2 months ago
19 posts

I have a question:

i hear wearing beads slows or creates a weak spot in the dreads when they (the dreads) are young and developing. Is this true? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 months ago
27,413 posts

no it speeds up the dreading, if they are put on very young and the dread thickens but not where the bead is, i suppose that could cause a weak spot, but beads really help  it dread..alot

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
TXmomDani
@txmomdani
one month ago
19 posts

Where on the dread do you reccommend placing the beads if we are trying to aid in the locking process? Closer to the root or further down?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus