Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do I figure out where to put beads in hair that is still straight?

Laura Breitenbach
@laura-breitenbach
10 years ago
9 posts
So, I just started natural dreading a few days ago and I have read some stuff about beads being good for helping the process along. I want to try it, but it occurred to me that putting beads in my hair (which is still pretty straight with no dreads yet) would basically be like sectioning it, so I was wondering if I need to make sure the locks of hair I choose are a certain size and shape at the roots, or if it's fine to just put them in willy-nilly?
updated by @laura-breitenbach: 06/23/18 04:57:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

let it section itself then put it in a section that formed if theres a lil hair from far away in it just pull it out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura Breitenbach
@laura-breitenbach
10 years ago
9 posts
Okay, will do. thanks for the tip :)

soaring eagle said:

let it section itself then put it in a section that formed if theres a lil hair from far away in it just pull it out

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
6 years ago
62 posts

I know this is a very old thread, and this might sound like a stupid question with an obvious answer, but how do you know when your hair has sectioned itself?

I feel like mine is beginning to, but I’m not sure whether they’re just curls. Unless all of those curls will all grow into individual dreadlocks? 

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.

updated by @aquaguy: 06/23/18 04:58:53PM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

AquaGuy:

I know this is a very old thread, and this might sound like a stupid question with an obvious answer, but how do you know when your hair has sectioned itself?

I feel like mine is beginning to, but I’m not sure whether they’re just curls. Unless all of those curls will all grow into individual dreadlocks? 

A section is a strand of hair which keeps together without beeing locked yet. Sections can be straight or curly. My hair sectioned in curls, that stayed together till dreaded, even after washing. I think that's why people are afraid of washing in the beginnig, because they are scared losing all their sections. Yes it seems like yours start sectioning itself!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form