Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread beads

Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

Do you guys know of any cheap places to buy beads off the internet? I live in Norway, and cant seem to find any place who sells beads with big enough holes for my dreads.

Thanks in advance!

updated by @steenvick: 02/14/15 02:25:55AM
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Did you check on Etsy? You might find some really interesting beads, and possibly from some shop near your country and save on the shipping. I saw alot of beads shops on there! Love.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I have this same problem. Etsy sells lots of dread beads, but never big enough for my dreads unless I get made-to-order ones, which are anything but cheap, especially with the postage price. Try and filter the searches to shops in Norway or Europe, see if that would help.

Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

Thank you guys! I've checked on etsy, but as a poor student, most of it is too expensive for me.. :/ I'll keep looking! :)

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Are there any bead shops where you live? I actually don't even have any legit dread beads -- never felt the need to buy any. Art/craft stores have every kind of bead you can imagine!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi there. Try doing beads the cheap way. Go to the hardware store and buy a drill bit the size of the hole you want. Now go to thrift stores for jewelery, go to dollar stores for craft beads or cheap necklaces. look around the house for small objects you like. Now all you gotta do is drill the holes to the size you want.....get creative.....peace

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

If you get the drill bit, don't stop there, get a file and some sandpaper and go for a walk and find some wood and make some beads.

peace

SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts
Yeah they're right. When you can't buy it, DIY it. Plus, I don't trust the varnish or plasticizers on some beads... You're better off making it yours and ooak.
Jade Newman
@jade-newman
11 years ago
2 posts

Hi Steenvick, I've got a UK based dread beads store which might have what you're looking for. I do a range of plain wooden beads that have large holes that I could decorate for you, or you could decorate yourself? I've also got plastic beads with 5mm holes that are super colourful.

My website is www.airria.co.uk

If you can't see anything you're looking for, swing me an e-mail jade@airria.co.uk and I may be able to help you out!

Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

That's a really good idea!

the Barrellady said:

Hi there. Try doing beads the cheap way. Go to the hardware store and buy a drill bit the size of the hole you want. Now go to thrift stores for jewelery, go to dollar stores for craft beads or cheap necklaces. look around the house for small objects you like. Now all you gotta do is drill the holes to the size you want.....get creative.....peace

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form