dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How To Make Dreads Neat Without Crochet Hook

ManOfBliss
@manofbliss
13 years ago
23 posts

Hello,

I twist-and-ripped my hair into dreadlocks several days ago, and they look pretty good! (photos coming soon)

My issue is they are fuzzy and there are lots of loose hairs. This doesn't fly with me, because for personal lifestyle reasons I want keep these very "tight" and "fine"... in other words, I can't have a big fuzzy head.

How can I make the dreadlocks "neat" and tie up the loose hairs into the dreads without using a crochet hook? Thanks!!!

Yours,

Timothy

updated by @manofbliss: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hey!

I don't want to obset you, but are you sure you wan't dreads? "fine, neat, tight" is the total opposite of

becoming dreads.

Wish you the best!

ManOfBliss
@manofbliss
13 years ago
23 posts

>> I don't want to obset you, but are you sure you wan't

>> dreads? "fine, neat, tight" is the total opposite of

>> becoming dreads.

There is a fair amount of "natural chaos" that is sure to occur, and I support that. But I've seen MANY examples of people having really nice neat dreadlocks.

Surely you're not saying that is impossible? Anyway, hopefully someone can provide some tips to help me.

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

It's not "impossible" to have "tidy" dreads, but... there'll always be some frizz, and the only way to get them as neat and tidy as they can get without damaging them is lots of time andpatience to let them mature on their own.

So.. there's no quick fix for your problem.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

simple

wait

they are days old they take months to dread

be patient

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ManOfBliss
@manofbliss
13 years ago
23 posts

Alright I get the idea. I'll just chill. Thanks.

Kaila Gareau Kangas
@kaila-gareau-kangas
13 years ago
8 posts

I have only recently stopped crocheting my dreads, they are becoming very fuzzy very fast! I have been palm rolling before bed and sleeping with a cotton shirt sleeve on my head lol for the last few nights and it seems to help. In the morning they are not as fuzzy also try not to wash your hair as often try to wait a week if possible...I know its hard and frustrating i'm in the same boat : )

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

Maybe dreadlocks aren't fr you then? Well natural ones anyways

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

good luck Timothy'] & welcome

ManOfBliss
@manofbliss
13 years ago
23 posts

Kaila,

Where do you put your dreads when sleeping, off to the side? Or up over the pillow behind you? I've been just scooping mine up with my hands is laying them up over the pillow.

I really want to avoid loosening up the knots of the dreads at the roots.

I realize that dreadlocks are supposed to be like a chill growth process, but I do have to provide some guidance here, as I have a so-called "image" to uphold.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form