Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Show Us Your Recovery Pictures

Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

OK Boy's 'n' Girls ... if you have got any pictures of you Crochet Recovery would love to see'em, well spaced timeline if you can, so we can see the changes.

updated by @rustdust: 02/14/15 03:17:26AM
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

OK I will get the ball rolling, Here is a picture taken the very first day I had my hair crochet ... see how un- natural it looks.

1ST Day dreed.jpg

One year later and about 4 months with no crochet maintenance

8 Dec WBG.JPG

I have been reading some of the recovery threads and we would really like to see some of your updated pictures, come on peps, don't be shy ;-}

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

funny how the 1 year 4 month old dreadslook to be about ...a few weeks after backcombing

and yea they look very unnatural in the 1st pic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Well I guess I have to go backward's to go forward's....Haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup they will be great eventualy

--
SweetInTheMornin
@sweetinthemornin
10 years ago
5 posts

I have been recovering from crocheting for 2,some years now. I crocheted my dreads as a way to get them started. This is NOT something i regret as I believe it to be part of the experience and history I have with my hair, but I must admit it is not something I would recommend others to do. It leaves the scalp sore and the hair scratchy and uncomfortable. Here are the pictures to show the progress.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how long would u say recovery took at 6 months they looked well recovered and now they look awesome u cant even tell they were crochetted wich is unusual since often you can still tell after a few years even

--
SweetInTheMornin
@sweetinthemornin
10 years ago
5 posts

I was never very harsh on them, with the needle and such. So i suppose they recovered pretty fast :) Here is a picture of them at 1 month were they are all cute and fussy.. And so SHORT! Gosh it is quite a while ago.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

cute pic :) but yea seems you barely crochetted em at all so your lucky (and not typicaly what can be expected)

--
SweetInTheMornin
@sweetinthemornin
10 years ago
5 posts

Thank you very much ;)

So I suppose you can say laziness saved my dreads :D

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus