Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Separation...

Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

Because its the end of your real hair I think you could crochet it and not cause a terrible amount of damage but if you are worried maybe you could wrap it.

updated by @amanda12: 07/23/15 09:39:31PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
11 years ago
336 posts

just wrap it where it's separating, that way you aren't compromising with the hook

Amanda Denton
@amanda-denton
11 years ago
10 posts

What would be a good "material" to wrap it with?

ExaltHimx7 said:

just wrap it where it's separating, that way you aren't compromising with the hook

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

embroidery thread or hemp hemp lasts longest

theres many ways to wrap

if its not to be decorative then the criss cross wrap works best on young dreads

but if u want decrrative a speed wraps fastest but will fall apart in weeks (just wrap wrap wrap)

a way prettier more decerative way is macreme like knotting google chinese staircase freindshop bracelets for 1 of the knots u can use in embroidry thread these can last months even a year or 2 in hemp they can last many years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Denton
@amanda-denton
11 years ago
10 posts

Awesome! I heard a simple wool thread would be good too, since wool is strong. Is this true? And if so, would it be recommended?

soaring eagle said:

embroidery thread or hemp hemp lasts longest

theres many ways to wrap

if its not to be decorative then the criss cross wrap works best on young dreads

but if u want decrrative a speed wraps fastest but will fall apart in weeks (just wrap wrap wrap)

a way prettier more decerative way is macreme like knotting google chinese staircase freindshop bracelets for 1 of the knots u can use in embroidry thread these can last months even a year or 2 in hemp they can last many years

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wool probly will leave wool fibers ..fuzz in your dreads i would think anyway

it seems fine for tams but tightly wrapping id worry alot of the fibers would get sucked into them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
11 years ago
43 posts

Depending on how long your natural hair is... you might want to consider taking the extensions out.

I can understand how attached you can become to the length (being someone who waited five years to grow my hair past my waist...which ended up shrinking up above my shoulders when it locked, hah).

I just have a couple reasons for you to consider...

One is that by crocheting or reattaching the hair at the base, you're only causing more damage to the ends. It will take longer for your hair to "dread" at the ends once you DO decide to take the extensions out. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Allow your hair to grow, tighten and heal all at once, instead of prolonging the process (I guess that's three birds).

The other (more important) reason is that in the long run, I think you'll be happier and more PROUD of your naturally locked hair.

Whatever you chose, take some time think about it before making a move you might regret :)

Love and Peace

Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
11 years ago
43 posts

...and i just saw the comments about wrapping them... that would probably work! haha! :)

Hope they turn out as you like them! :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form