Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a question for hippies..and spiritual travelers.. this title sounds so lame but i dunno what to write here lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont need monety as much as u think u do

barter work many i know live by giving being loving giving people it comes back to them

somme pride themselves on living free withot money

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 09:37:36PM
christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

thats so so so wonderful !!danielle !! <3 its always a lovely feeling for me to hear of other people who're living this way :) how did u find ur community and at what age did u start wandering ?? :)

Danielle Hache said:

oh what a wonderful post...:) i spent 10 years as a hippie wanderer, oh the joy. you have a hippie family/community and we all live day to day together, we all would practice street art, tarot readings, healings, music, dance etc. make our change buy some food to eat and lay under the sky together. love is just the best feeling. if you find interest in this it is a good place to start by getting involved in that community, do not just leave your home, it takes time to become part of a hippie community, and yes you most of the time need a skill to contribute to daily survival, i am still part of a very large hippie community and we all earn our daily money and share everything, now i have a shop i run independently and i pay rent to live in a home, not permanent or ideal for me , i plan to wander again in the near future. im not sure if what i wrote makes any sense, i speak much better in person hehe :) safe travels my friend

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

yeah? :) i imagine it must be one of the most amazing feelings to live free without money !! if there's one goal i could set my eyes upon i suppose this would be it !!

soaring eagle said:

u dont need monety as much as u think u do

barter work many i know live by giving being loving giving people it comes back to them

somme pride themselves on living free withot money

Koko Earthling
@koko-earthling
11 years ago
0 posts

My dear Christina,

I have immense love for you and your vision. I, much the same, wondered how to wander, but to wander all you need is to shed the fear of getting lost.You have to focus on what is in front of you and be content in what you have. Through mindfulness you will get there. Be here now. The people you saw who are free of mortgages and empty attachments live in the now. If you surrender yourself to the circle of life you will understand. Being present in the moment grants you the ability to see the infinite truth of space and time,- it is in no way linear, how this system makes it out to be. In other words instead of seeing life like the people caught in this ugly system,- in a straight line, you see ALL of the possibilities present in this moment, like the branches of a tree, it is no longer getting from point A to point B, everything is infinite.

I saw someone brought up the dangers of traveling alone. I agree that unfortunately a 19 year old girl is not safe out there alone, largely due to the ugly system we have built for ourselves, but the dangers are there nonetheless. I don't recommend you go out there by yourself... that's what everyone always told me which is why I practice martial arts, why I learned to use a knife, and why I run every day. Now this may sound a bit silly, but there's a show called Doctor Who about a man called The Doctor who wanders through time and space getting involved in all sorts of interesting stuff at every stop, saving the world and even the universe without a weapon, using his clever mind in every situation. He never has a plan, always thinks on his feet, and his favorite line of defense is talking to the other being. When faced with immediate danger, he runs. That's surviving.

Through being who you are you will find fellow travelers and a community you'll feel proud to be a part of. You have to surrender your fears through surrendering all visions of the future. Being mindful is feeling the moment. You have to trust the life force and trust in your intuition to give you what you need... The basic human needs are shelter, food, water, and, to keep it simple, love. When it's a nice day, sleeping outside is not a problem. You can build a shelter from a single tarp, some rope, and a stick when it's raining. You can bundle up, or go to a shelter when it's cold and you're out of options, but I like to just stick to where it's warm, because sleeping outside is the best :) I'd invest some money in a canteen with a water filter. To survive you don't need much cash. It's up to you how much you need to be happy. To get a little, it can be simple. You always must offer something to receive something. Manual labor, art, jewelry... Simply playing music on a sidewalk can take you far these days. If you're not settling and growing your own, beautiful, free food then you can survive on how much is wasted, and learn what's good to eat that grows in the wild, of which there is plenty :) when you live this way you'll find others that do, too. Just trust your intuition and go where it pulls you. Care for the world and it will care for you, I promise.

Hannah :)
@hannah
11 years ago
21 posts

Let me just say this sounds incredible. I would love to do it one day. for anyone who can answer.. how would I go about finding a hippie community like that?

Koko Earthling
@koko-earthling
11 years ago
0 posts

Check out Shut Up And Grow It in Tennessee or Earth Tribe in Kentucky. You can find them both on facebook... You can also start locally. If you start getting involved with more of the things you believe in you will find your way. If the option of up and leaving is not a realistic one for you, try changing your daily routine to fit in line with how you truly want to live. Almost all towns have opportunities where you can learn useful sustainability skills like little local farms where you can learn to grow food, volunteer days at the forest preserves where you can learn how to keep an ecosystem healthy, as well as free courses on survival, fishing, archery, bird watching, all sorts of stuff that is useful to know when living off the land.

The best advice I really have for you is getting involved with the things you believe in, keep talking to people and you'll find what you're looking for.

And if that doesn't work, I plan on buying 80-100 acres of land and all good people are welcome to settle there, including you :)

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

thank you so much koko ur words are so kind and loving !! i read ur comment yesterday and today morning when i was traveling to school i remembered them and i brought myself to live (almost) completely in the moment and it felt absolutely wonderful !!

i've heard a lot about doctor who i must check that show out :D im so so grateful to u for taking time to write about all that :) lots of love to you !!! :)

Koko Earthling said:

My dear Christina,

I have immense love for you and your vision. I, much the same, wondered how to wander, but to wander all you need is to shed the fear of getting lost.You have to focus on what is in front of you and be content in what you have. Through mindfulness you will get there. Be here now. The people you saw who are free of mortgages and empty attachments live in the now. If you surrender yourself to the circle of life you will understand. Being present in the moment grants you the ability to see the infinite truth of space and time,- it is in no way linear, how this system makes it out to be. In other words instead of seeing life like the people caught in this ugly system,- in a straight line, you see ALL of the possibilities present in this moment, like the branches of a tree, it is no longer getting from point A to point B, everything is infinite.

I saw someone brought up the dangers of traveling alone. I agree that unfortunately a 19 year old girl is not safe out there alone, largely due to the ugly system we have built for ourselves, but the dangers are there nonetheless. I don't recommend you go out there by yourself... that's what everyone always told me which is why I practice martial arts, why I learned to use a knife, and why I run every day. Now this may sound a bit silly, but there's a show called Doctor Who about a man called The Doctor who wanders through time and space getting involved in all sorts of interesting stuff at every stop, saving the world and even the universe without a weapon, using his clever mind in every situation. He never has a plan, always thinks on his feet, and his favorite line of defense is talking to the other being. When faced with immediate danger, he runs. That's surviving.

Through being who you are you will find fellow travelers and a community you'll feel proud to be a part of. You have to surrender your fears through surrendering all visions of the future. Being mindful is feeling the moment. You have to trust the life force and trust in your intuition to give you what you need... The basic human needs are shelter, food, water, and, to keep it simple, love. When it's a nice day, sleeping outside is not a problem. You can build a shelter from a single tarp, some rope, and a stick when it's raining. You can bundle up, or go to a shelter when it's cold and you're out of options, but I like to just stick to where it's warm, because sleeping outside is the best :) I'd invest some money in a canteen with a water filter. To survive you don't need much cash. It's up to you how much you need to be happy. To get a little, it can be simple. You always must offer something to receive something. Manual labor, art, jewelry... Simply playing music on a sidewalk can take you far these days. If you're not settling and growing your own, beautiful, free food then you can survive on how much is wasted, and learn what's good to eat that grows in the wild, of which there is plenty :) when you live this way you'll find others that do, too. Just trust your intuition and go where it pulls you. Care for the world and it will care for you, I promise.

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

oh i will i will :D yes i try making changes to myself so that i can attract the right kind of energy so im trying to be more free-spirited and humble and open my heart more n stuff :) :D

u know the land thing is what i had in mind !!! i dream of all of us people communicating this dream we share in maybe in another 5-10 years or so we call all buy the land and set up our home there !! n our little village would include healers and artists and whacky people anddreamers and warriors and tribals and farmers and everybody hehe :D its so nice of u to welcome me in ur land i'm privileged to be invited <3

Koko Earthling said:

Check out Shut Up And Grow It in Tennessee or Earth Tribe in Kentucky. You can find them both on facebook... You can also start locally. If you start getting involved with more of the things you believe in you will find your way. If the option of up and leaving is not a realistic one for you, try changing your daily routine to fit in line with how you truly want to live. Almost all towns have opportunities where you can learn useful sustainability skills like little local farms where you can learn to grow food, volunteer days at the forest preserves where you can learn how to keep an ecosystem healthy, as well as free courses on survival, fishing, archery, bird watching, all sorts of stuff that is useful to know when living off the land.

The best advice I really have for you is getting involved with the things you believe in, keep talking to people and you'll find what you're looking for.

And if that doesn't work, I plan on buying 80-100 acres of land and all good people are welcome to settle there, including you :)

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

wow thats such a wonderful feeling to know that u're out there :) a tiny house on wheels would be amazing !! do post pictures when u have oneee im sure u will soooner than we expect !! i wish u allll th best and all the love on ur journey :)

Morganic said:

This is crazy because I was about to post pretty much the same thing yesterday because I have wanted this lifestyle for some time now. Then I come on and see you had posted!!! :)

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

wow i had no idea u could do that !! thanks for sharing justin <3 peace and love to you :):)

Justin said:

There are tons of websites like couchsurfer.com and others that you can find a place to stay for free or you could look into WOOFing as well. Work on an organic farm for your room and board. They have them everywhere, they can easily be arranged online and its an easy way to travel without spending money on food and shelter and you learn killer gardening skills along the way.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form