Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Water Fasting? Has anyone tried this?

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Hello good fellas :D I was just wondering if any of you have tried water fasting. If you have did, can you tell me more about it? And for how long did you do it?

Cause as you see, it's nearly holy week and I wanted to fast for 3 days for spiritual and physical cleansing and to pray for my sins cause, I have been eating meat (I am apescetarianbut I have been tempted to eat meat again for the past few months).

Any comments about this would really be helpful for me. Thank you in advance and much love :D

updated by @larra-juab: 02/14/15 04:57:55AM
ginger.rose
@gingerrose
11 years ago
45 posts
Yes and no. Water quality makes a big difference. Water alone can make you sick or make you well, I think the mineral content has a lot to do with it, plus your current state of health or disease, daily stress or lack of it, etc. If you've never fasted on water alone, I would try 12 or 24 hours first, then longer another time after you know what to expect. I'm sure other members will chime in with a wide range of opinions and experiences...
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

I have already tried a whole day of water and it turned out fine. That's why I'm considering around 3 days of water fast (if I can) x) And I am perfectly fine. I've just been wanting to do water fast for religious purpose since I was around 8. My dad used to do it for a whole day, and while my mom just for about 12-16 hours per day for the holy week.Thank you so much for your opinion, I will research more about water fasting as much as I could before I will start. Thank you so much again! :D

ginger said:

Yes and no. Water quality makes a big difference. Water alone can make you sick or make you well, I think the mineral content has a lot to do with it, plus your current state of health or disease, daily stress or lack of it, etc. If you've never fasted on water alone, I would try 12 or 24 hours first, then longer another time after you know what to expect. I'm sure other members will chime in with a wide range of opinions and experiences...
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i personally do a sleep fast on occasion because i have noticed the large amount of clarity and lucid dreaming with ease afterward....if you are talking about nothing BUT water and then i would say go for it. fasting can be a very great experience. i have been thinking about doing a juice fast personally. when i first read it i read it as you would be fasting from water and i was gonna tell you that was a bad idea. but i just woke up not too long ago lol.

Sussi
@sussi
11 years ago
84 posts

I think three days on water should be fine. I fast two days every week and on those days I only drink water. Sundays and Wednesdays I don't eat anything and my body always feels very calm even if I'm hungry for the first hours. I fast because I believe that it's healthy. There's a BBC documentary called Eat, Fast andLive Longer, watch it here: http://www.documentarytube.com/eat-fast-and-live-longer-bbc-horizon-2012 if you are interested in fasting.

Leanne2
@leanne2
11 years ago
2 posts

From personal experience, I would say be careful. I believe fasting is healthy, but 3 days is a long time to gowithout nurishment. Listen to your body, if you get faint, dizzy, sweaty, irregular heart beat,confussion, anxiety,etc. it's probably time to eat. As long as youlisten to your body you will be fine.Your dedication is admirable! Good luck to you.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

very cool.....thanks

Sussi said:

I think three days on water should be fine. I fast two days every week and on those days I only drink water. Sundays and Wednesdays I don't eat anything and my body always feels very calm even if I'm hungry for the first hours. I fast because I believe that it's healthy. There's a BBC documentary called Eat, Fast andLive Longer, watch it here: http://www.documentarytube.com/eat-fast-and-live-longer-bbc-horizon... if you are interested in fasting.

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
Fasting for short periods (16-24 hours) has all kinds of benefits (protecting brain from alzheimer, slowing cancer growth and better nutrient partitioning) but fasting for longer then that is very bad. It's not going to kill you, but there's healthier things you can do.
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

would you recommend a 24 hour fast once a week ....

ToTheAnkles! said:

Fasting for short periods (16-24 hours) has all kinds of benefits (protecting brain from alzheimer, slowing cancer growth and better nutrient partitioning) but fasting for longer then that is very bad. It's not going to kill you, but there's healthier things you can do.
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Sleep fast ? :O That sounds interesting. can you please tell me more about it? And LOL, yes I woulddefinitely do water fast during the last 3 days of holy week :) Thank you so much for your thoughts.

KnotLady said:

i personally do a sleep fast on occasion because i have noticed the large amount of clarity and lucid dreaming with ease afterward....if you are talking about nothing BUT water and then i would say go for it. fasting can be a very great experience. i have been thinking about doing a juice fast personally. when i first read it i read it as you would be fasting from water and i was gonna tell you that was a bad idea. but i just woke up not too long ago lol.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form