Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

local rainbow gatherings

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I just learned of the Rainbow Family and the events it has like the annual gathering of the tribes. I read 2013 Rainbow Family gathering will be in Montana, which I will be trying my best to make it all the way out there from where I reside, which is southern california.

In the mean time, I found a group that has local rf meetings ('happenings') every sunday in San Diego, but they aren't active online anymore (or so I've found). I was wondering what to expect at local rainbow family gatherings since I've never been to any rf gatherings before; what kinda of things people do at em, that kinda stuff. thanks in advance for posting!

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 02/14/15 05:55:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well many larger cities have potlucks and/or picknicks and/or drum circles these cannot compare to a gathering in any shape or form but is a nice way to get to know local family hear stories and heartsongs and find out a lil about what we are all about and whats going on localy

typicaly theres a council circle also wich might discuss local business like wether to have a council on a regional (there are regionals all over the country all the time which are actual gatherings although much smaller then the annual or national

theres international and world gatherings too wich tend to be the size of a larher regional here

the national (or anjual) is the largest..literaly a city in the woods

ok yea local potlucks ppl share food usualy drum awhile hold a circle wethere thats a council or just to say hi im so n so and ive been going/wanting to go for years and well say whatever u want

council/ a featgers passed the holder of the feather gets the full focus of everyone and can talk about whatever theywant as long as they want if anything needs to be decied on (like to hold a regional or pass a hat to pay for a phone line etc) 1st the featghers got to go around at least twice so ppl can talk then they might call cor consenmsus if anyone speaks or simply steps into the circle consensus is blocked and they go around again till they perfect every detail so not 1 person is wuilling to block it

we do things that way at gatherings anyone there and i mean anyone from a 1 year old just learning to talk to a crazy ol hippy high on lsd can block anything from happening by just makig a sound so we work things through untill absolutely everyones happy or willing to live with the decisions we make

anyway maybe too much info haha

just go have fun and see for yourself see ya in montana

ps u may never come back lol 1 member here went last year and has been going from 1 gathering to the next ever since

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/5562245">We Love You</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/njpictures">Jonathan Kalafer</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

--
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

not at all, perfect amount of info! Just saw the 'we love you' video a few days ago.. looks incredible. It really does. The last year or two I've changed so much but have always wondered if there were any sort of places or gatherings that lay ground to loving, peaceful people who want to make the world a better place. thanks for the post eagle!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup there sure are and just been waiting for ya to find us

go to www.welcomehome.org and www.welcomehere.org

on welcomehome theres a list of potlucks and lightlines and stuff on welcomehere theres a list of events 9

although theres also a psudo gathering in missoiri just called the gathering of the tribes or something its put on by the peace conspiracy and is not a rainbow event so make sure u only pay attention to the ones that say they were concensed by council)

--
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

awesome, thank you. Checking out both those sites right now. Also looking at rainbowgatherings.org

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i might be an admin on threre i was im not sure i still am i miss that site tho tell everyone rthere i love em and missem and will pop in sometime soon

--
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

haha alrighty, will do!

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

I want to go this year so badly, but it's on the other side of the country!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its always on the other side of the countery ..and a 10 mile hike into the woods

if it was in center city a mile saway it wouldnt be the same the farther it is the better makes the trip that much more amazing

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form