Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No Soap No Shampoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bathing with only water

Neil
@neil
13 years ago
21 posts

The thing is your skin is not going to just excreting oil. So even if it is "natural" it is going to keep happening and building up. Water is NOT going to solve this.

updated by @neil: 07/23/15 04:45:06PM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

Agreed, Neil.

And from the feminine perspective: guys might be able to get away with no soap for a while but ladies who are still fertile well.... I'm sure you can understand how most of us might like soap during certain times.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

She looks lovely but I still wouldn't want to sniff her pits if she used only water and no soap or deodorant. I'm not saying that a completely sterile person is what is attractive to me but there is certain 'body odor tolerance limit' we have each developed for ourselves and other people.

How healthy do you think your dreads would be after a month or two of only rinsing with water? A gunky slimy mess because of lack of exfoliation of skin cells.

And let's clarify something here: are we talking about not using soap or using baking soda in place of soap? Because there is a big difference between using something like baking soda and just using plain water.

Why would you wash your hands with soap after using the bathroom or getting dirty or whatever but not want to use soap on the rest of your body? I don't understand the logic behind this idea. Not using a cleaning agent on the skin is an invitation for yeasts and bacteria to take up residence in the soft folds and creases of the skin through sweat and hormones.

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

I

use baking soda on my dreadlocks. I bath only with hot water. I use baking soda to bath with once or twice a week which are the days I exercise and sweat a lot. Idon'tuse deodorant because Idon'tsmell for 1 and 2 I have yet to find a natural deodorant that don't break me out. I look at it like this sometimes before soap how was we bathing, with just water and probably not even hot water. Like I said before try it out for yourself. It may not be for everybody. Personally I works for me my skin has cleared up on my face and body since I stopped using soap. I use to have bad breakouts on my face and body. The bumps I get on my body are going away by themselves without me having to put myprescriptionmedicine on the affected area. When i first heard about bathing with only water I was like everybody else and was like how can you clean yourself without a cleansing agent. Thats why I did my own research and decided to try it for myself. I believe the body is self cleaning and self healing to an extent. I don't believe in all the vaccinations we have to have to keep us from catching this and that I believe in natural herbs. Our bodies are remarkable if we allow it to do the things it was created to do.

Research for yourself and try it for yourself before you completely turn your nose up at it.

I don't see the point of bathing with soap that strips away your body's natural oils just to put on lotions, oil and butters to get back the moisture of your skin you just stripped away.

Maybe for you, you can find a soap that cleanse but dosen't strip away you bodys natural producing oils.

Angel Frye said:

She looks lovely but I still wouldn't want to sniff her pits if she used only water and no soap or deodorant. I'm not saying that a completely sterile person is what is attractive to me but there is certain 'body odor tolerance limit' we have each developed for ourselves and other people.

How healthy do you think your dreads would be after a month or two of only rinsing with water? A gunky slimy mess because of lack of exfoliation of skin cells.

And let's clarify something here: are we talking about not using soap or using baking soda in place of soap? Because there is a big difference between using something like baking soda and just using plain water.

Why would you wash your hands with soap after using the bathroom or getting dirty or whatever but not want to use soap on the rest of your body? I don't understand the logic behind this idea. Not using a cleaning agent on the skin is an invitation for yeasts and bacteria to take up residence in the soft folds and creases of the skin through sweat and hormones.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i'm looking into getting a body brush for dry brushing. i've heard its great for removing dead skin and increasing circulation. i also use natural soaps and natural deodorants.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Guess what? BS does strip away natural oils...whoever said it didn't doesn't have a clue. BS is routinely used to prepare walls for painting....it cuts grease and absorbs odors. Even if you don't know anything about chemistry...try reading the box it comes in. BS is VERY drying....that is why it soooo deeply cleanses. And no one has even mentioned bacteria. There are alot of germs and other cooties that are best killed by soap and water. Sure, you can just use water...but who would want to? And I am sure no one who just uses water for everything thinks they stink. You get used to your own smell....others don't and I don't want to be near a bunch of smelly folks. Do as you please...it is certainly your right...but unfortunately, the dirty hippie label gets thrown at me along with you and I don't much like it.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form