Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brushing the teeth with soap

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

What about flouride? I mean, toothpaste does more than just clean. And I wouldn't put Irish Spring in my mouth...deodrant soapin my mouth? Uh, no.

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/23/15 08:06:32AM
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

toms toothpate is what i use. If not that, then i use dr b's peppermint. Fluoride is SO questionable.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i prefer NO flouride. soups could end up being a viable alternative rofl who would have thought? wait till someone sees me doing it

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

NO! I don't brush my teeth with deodorant hahha! My ''Irish spring'' is just a normal soap hahhaha!

kye
@kye
13 years ago
14 posts

flourine, chemically goruped with chlorine, bromine. chlorine forms into our stomach acid. really high levels of bromine cause acne. the idea of flouride ions attachin unto the enamel wear holes on teeth; is poorly supported. being flouride is Higly reactive, it must supposedly bond so well to your enamel, why would it be needed twice a day. plus flourite in nature is incredibly tough. and i think man not need flourine.

Sonja-Skye
@sonja-skye
13 years ago
10 posts

WHAT ABOUT FLUORIDE? I saw some medical show on TV, that a woman said she wouldn't even use tap water on her plants for the fluoride content because it was killing them, so she started using bottled water, and they greatly improved, to the point they ACTUALLY flowered. She wanted to know, if that's the effect it has on plant life, then what on earth is it TRULY doing to human's health?!?! if you want fluoride, go to the dentist every 6 months.
although soap doesn't sound to enticing either, but hey, each to their own, just like u putting your negative spin on the baking soda wash for hair because you have some 30 odd years of hairdressing experience, sure, that's YOUr belief, but SE has had Dreads for 21 or 22 years now, that alone in it's self must say something, I mean CLEARLY it can't all be unsolicited otherwise would he really still have dreads? so if you disagree, sure mention it, but there's no need to bring others down just becaue they hear of something, wanna try it and ask around, life is trial and error, people only find out from researching and trying new things, for you to make them feel as though your opinion's better because you have "EXPERIENCE" or just because you like to be one of the followers falling into the SHEEPLE PIT, then go right ahead, but do it on your own time, and don't try and belittle others for their opposing beliefs, they don't try to do that to you!

Panterra Caraway said:

What about flouride? I mean, toothpaste does more than just clean. And I wouldn't put Irish Spring in my mouth...deodrant soapin my mouth? Uh, no.

Lorie Norman
@lorie-norman
13 years ago
1 posts

I make and use "tooth soap" it makes my teeth feel so clean and fresh breath. Been using for about 4 months now. The bars I make have Canola Oil, Castor Oil, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Baking Soda, Kaolin Clay, Peppermint EO, Tea Tree Oil, Neem Oil and Xylitol. I use cold process soap method to make. HMU if you are interested... i also make Shampoo Bars that are awesome for dreads.

www.fortheloveofsuds.com

aakifa
@aakifa
13 years ago
15 posts

imake my own soap. so i know whats in it. ill try this.

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

what kind of soap?

LeonaBraveHeart
@leonabraveheart
12 years ago
1 posts

I haven't touched commercial toothpaste in over 4 months!

I alternate between Dr Bronners Liquid Castile Soap (baby mild) and Toothy Tabs (little tablet like things that you chew on then brush) from LUSH. Both the soap and the tabs leave my mouth feeling awesomely clean and have no flouride in them. The only reasons I would pick the Toothy Tabs over the soap is because you can get interesting flavours and the packaging goes straight in the compost bin.

The taste of the soap didn't bother me at all! Just be carefull you only use a small drop of the castile soap otherwise you end up with a mouthful of foam :p

They both vegan friendly so thats a thumbs up for me!

/ 3

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form