Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks + The Hardcore Modification Community

Zephyr Elf
@zephyr-elf
7 years ago
7 posts

Hi everyone!

I have noticed that alternative living in a large part of people's lives here, especially that of the 'modification' community :)

I'm curious as to who has what on this site!

My modifications ties in quite closely to my lifestyle- as does my hair! I'd love to hear your experiences + stories and see pictures of your modifications, if you'd like to share them :)

This is my most recent addition, as a part of my coming of age ritual for my 21st birthday- I had my tongue surgically split! :D

updated by @zephyr-elf: 02/14/15 03:49:11AM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
7 years ago
411 posts

Ouch! I used to have a lot more when I was younger, but want more now. I got my first tattoo at the age of 16 and from there it took off. I shortly after had my belly done (was done badly tho) then my eyebrow then I got introduced into the world of surface piercings with a wrist piercing that I loved, but worked in a factory and it ended up growing out quickly. I live in a small area where a lot of surface piercings are not done so did not get anymore till I dated a guy who practiced on me and a lot of mine when bad but from him I got a horizontal eyebrow, an anti-eyebrow (which is my fave piercing EVER and lost it during my job at a factory :() Monroe, that something went very badly with and i ended up with half my face swollen so I took it out, didn't suit me well anywho, my nostril done twice, had one on my lip (below the belt) had my labret and lip done. I had my industrial done (imo the most painful) but since I used a lot of gunk in my hair it wasn't healing well. I am pretty bare at the moment tho, I have my ears stretched to OO, my lip, my rook, my daith, (want a conch, and tragus badly), my nipples were done twice (1st time done in a shop were crooked as ever 2nd time by friend and they have stayed), I had my tongue done but never put it back in after giving birth to my daughter. I also have a frog on my collar bone, the 1st tattoo at 16 was a frog on my back, frog crawling up my left legs calf, a "gothic" russian butterfly on my hip, a bomb-omb on the inside of my right knee, my sons name and ribbon/4 leaf clovers on me left wrist, a voodoo doll on my right forearm that is the start of my sleeve, a silhouette of a frog on my right foot.

I plan on getting conch, tragus, a surface on a toe this summer, my anti eyebrow (or egypt eyes depending). My little sister draws tattoos so, I have a heart w/ skulls with all my childrens names on them that will look like a patch sewn onto the arm w/ the voodoo doll, I have a ripped apart teddy bear, a tore up doll, and a female voodoo doll for that arm as well, I have a phoenix with some ani difranco lyrics for my other foot, "player 2" done in mario stuff for my left outer arm (husband getting player 1) and a weeping willow I'm getting in my cleavage...now to find the time and money to get them all done! ;) I am also dying to get my septum done but as incentive will not do so until I lose some of the weight I've put on from having my daughter.....

Now that I've rambled and rambled (just woke up no coffee yet) I hope I've not bored you! I love your dreads and your mods, and wish I could pull off the hair style you have! My 6 year old keeps telling me mommy should get a mohawk like him ;)

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
7 years ago
849 posts
Tattoos and piercing are such an amazing form of self expression. I had my tongue pierced when I was 16, I'm mostly into tattoos now, just got some fresh ink this morning. I want a vertical labret piercing soon though too. :o)
Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
7 years ago
17 posts
i just took out my vertical labret of 7 years. i miss it so much!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
7 years ago
849 posts
aww why did you take it out?? I didn't even realize that piercing had been around for 7 years lol! i thought it was relatively new :o)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
7 years ago
411 posts
I love the vertical labret, and have actually been considering getting one since my reg labret I did myself damaged my teeth a bit and I had to take it out :(
Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
7 years ago
17 posts

i took it out because i got a new job that required taking it out during working hours, i left it out for a few days, and it hurt very badly to put it back in and then keep taking it out every night after that... i couldnt give it time to heal.

i think its gaining popularity, when i got mine done the piercer didnt know the name of it. i think its the best facial piercing for a woman, so feminine....

and yeah shanxon- i had a bad habit of biting on mine and ended up chipping my front tooth because of it.

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
7 years ago
411 posts
yeah, i wore the top of my bottom teeth down by doing that and then scraped a buncha enamel of the front of them so the vertical is def the way to go for me!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
7 years ago
849 posts
from what I understand it was originally a labret piercing done by an inexperienced piercer in the wrong way! She messed up the placement and to avoid the embarrassment called it a vertical labret! LOL!
Pann
@pann
7 years ago
16 posts

Hmmm. Three tattoos and twelve piercings.

Tattoos:
T-tetrimino: addicted to the game tetris, and my brother adn I were gamers as kids. We spent all day playing it together. It's for him.

Panda's pawprint: Represents the kind of person I am, and also I'm pretty sure that it's my spirit animal if i were to have one.

Eudaimonia: The philosophy of aristotle that I have in honor of my father.

Piercings:
Triple industrial

Triple helix

two basic sets.

Nipple piercings

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form