Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums
John Summers
@john-summers
3 years ago
8 posts

I totally relate to this. All of my male friends make fun of the fact that I am a vegetarian. I find it funny that they make fun of me for it, and they probably don't fully realize why I chose to become a vegetarian.

Of course, they know it is because I love animals and don't think they deserve the treatment and cruelty they get in slaughterhouse. But what they don't know is that at the age of 18, I had very high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. So I became a vegetarian because I had read that a vegetarian diet had fewer risk factors and more cholesterol benefits than non-vegetarian diets. So, I switched because I sure don't want to have a heart attack, stroke, or heart disease.

So I just let it slide when they do make fun of me, because if they knew the full reason why I chose to do it they probably wouldn't think it was such a fun thing to make fun of me for.

I just find it funny that people chose to make fun of or criticize something that don't understand, rather than trying to understand it.

Just my two cents :)

Blessings!

Tim said:

About the worst thing I ever did in the eyes of the other men in my family was to become vegetarian, stop drinking alcohol and be obviously spiritual (talking about spiritual matters etc). I some how lost my manhood, and thankfully it never returned. Most of society has a very strange view of these matters. Probably a very guilty conscience is at play.

peace

updated by @john-summers: 07/27/15 11:14:06AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
27,409 posts

the media demonizes vegatarians and glorifies meat eatters (in a very strange way)

vegatarians are portrayed as the asolute most shameful thing you could be

remember the king of the hill epiosode>/ where boby is involved with a vegatarian then they have a falling out and he eats a gigantic steak to regain his manhood?

then you got the slim jim commercials where if a guy reads poetry, has feelings, does something nice for thier lover they need a beef injection to turn them back into farting grunting Neanderthals again

there was another comercial a few years back where a bunch of guys are singing about how real men dont eat salads they eat beef and they are flipping over cars acting like maniacs...animals..

but if your vegatarian..with a conscious..someone who cares about life the environment and thier health and the suffering of other beings ..then your a horible shameful thing ..an embarassment

John Summers said:

I totally relate to this. All of my male friends make fun of the fact that I am a vegetarian. I find it funny that they make fun of me for it, and they probably don't fully realize why I chose to become a vegetarian.

Of course, they know it is because I love animals and don't think they deserve the treatment and cruelty they get in slaughterhouse. But what they don't know is that at the age of 18, I had very high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. So I became a vegetarian because I had read that a vegetarian diet had fewer risk factors and more cholesterol benefits than non-vegetarian diets. So, I switched because I sure don't want to have a heart attack, stroke, or heart disease.

So I just let it slide when they do make fun of me, because if they knew the full reason why I chose to do it they probably wouldn't think it was such a fun thing to make fun of me for.

I just find it funny that people chose to make fun of or criticize something that don't understand, rather than trying to understand it.

Just my two cents :)

Blessings!

Tim said:

About the worst thing I ever did in the eyes of the other men in my family was to become vegetarian, stop drinking alcohol and be obviously spiritual (talking about spiritual matters etc). I some how lost my manhood, and thankfully it never returned. Most of society has a very strange view of these matters. Probably a very guilty conscience is at play.

peace

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
27,409 posts

oh and to whoewver claimed that vegatarians have a diferent stomach like cows thats only certain types..cows are 1 maybe oxen but only a few types of animals have that

horses do not

most vegatarian animals do not in fact

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international

/ 6
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus