dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

VBAC/Homebirth/waterbirth?

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

hello all.

have been away from the interwebs for a while and i have avoided coming back on here until iknew i had enough time to be on here for a while lol!. i have had dreads for over a year now and i dont want my hair any other way. ever. its the best. i have also found out i am pregnant with number 2 and am planning a home VBAC water birth. any ladies here have experience with all or one of these things? i would appreciate any and all stories and advice!!

i put this in the alt lifestyle category because i didnt know where to put it and wanted it to reach a larger audience thank just a specific group.

updated by @knotlady: 01/13/15 09:54:24PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I had a VBAC with a midwife. I had no problem at all. I did not have a water birth. I wish now that i had, but it was not an option for me in my area in 1993. and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

I've had 2 home waterbirths so if you have any questions on that i can try & help you out. I do have some VBAC resources saved somewhere I can look for.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

Thank you taye! me and the hubby are super excited! did you find labor to be different with your VBAC? i labored for about24 hours before an epidural and then 8 before my c-section so im familiar with labor, im just wondering if you noticed anything different in between the two if you were able to labor before the c-section.

Ixchel thats awesome! i cant wait and im sure it will be an amazing experience. did you find the water to help with pain and relaxation? it seems logical to think it would.

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

It totally helped for a lot! my first birth the shower was amazing, i didn't want to get out but my doula asked the nurse if i could birth in there & policy said no :( I labored in there most the time tho, & when i wasn't in there i was having counterpressure applied & rocking on the birth ball. 2nd time the pool (& environment) were so relaxing i didn't know that i should sent my husband to work...when i was at an 8 & had baby shortly. 3rd time i was falling asleep in the tub between contractions & the midwife barely made it in to loop the cord over his head lol. Water also helps prevent tearing & makes position changes easier (with my first i tore front & back, 2nd no tears bigger baby & came out much faster & changing movement helped me deal & her get into correct position to come out, 3rd had the biggest head but only had a skid). & i've heard the water is also an easier transition for baby to come earthside.

Even tho my labors were mostly back labor (first birth only felt contractions in my back, 2nd back & legs, 3rd i finally felt some of it in my front side in addition to the back & legs) the water did help, not as much as i had expected/hoped, but without it i'm pretty sure I would have been over my head at times & not been handling it as well. My water/home births seemed much more easier, calm, relaxed & enjoyable than my birthing center land birth. I could ride my waves instead of get pounded down by them.

KnotLady said:

Ixchel thats awesome! i cant wait and im sure it will be an amazing experience. did you find the water to help with pain and relaxation? it seems logical to think it would.

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
11 years ago
59 posts
Congratulations! See if there is an ICAN chapter in your area http://www.ican-online.org/ I know that organization can be very helpful forknowing your options after a cecarian. Maybe they can help you find a VBAC friendly MW :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

the new site http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com has forums and categories perfect for this (and we can add more for othr off topic discussions too)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

great to hear!! i really am avoiding the hospital at all costs this time. i felt it to be a very unnatural and violating experience. ive got a wonderful midwife and from what else ive read of water i have high hopes that this birth willl go smoothly!! its great to read your experiences!

Ixchel said:

It totally helped for a lot! my first birth the shower was amazing, i didn't want to get out but my doula asked the nurse if i could birth in there & policy said no :( I labored in there most the time tho, & when i wasn't in there i was having counterpressure applied & rocking on the birth ball. 2nd time the pool (& environment) were so relaxing i didn't know that i should sent my husband to work...when i was at an 8 & had baby shortly. 3rd time i was falling asleep in the tub between contractions & the midwife barely made it in to loop the cord over his head lol. Water also helps prevent tearing & makes position changes easier (with my first i tore front & back, 2nd no tears bigger baby & came out much faster & changing movement helped me deal & her get into correct position to come out, 3rd had the biggest head but only had a skid). & i've heard the water is also an easier transition for baby to come earthside.

Even tho my labors were mostly back labor (first birth only felt contractions in my back, 2nd back & legs, 3rd i finally felt some of it in my front side in addition to the back & legs) the water did help, not as much as i had expected/hoped, but without it i'm pretty sure I would have been over my head at times & not been handling it as well. My water/home births seemed much more easier, calm, relaxed & enjoyable than my birthing center land birth. I could ride my waves instead of get pounded down by them.

KnotLady said:

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Congratulations KnotLady. I wish when I had my children, methods like this were not really talked about like they are now.. I did not even consider this, yet if I had a child now (not possible), I would do this in a heart beat. What a beautiful way to bring a child into this world, in a warm welcoming home instead of a cold sterile hospital delivery room. I wish you all the best keeping your little one nice and warm in your tummy/womb. Congrats again to you and your husband...and your other little one.....peace

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

tahnk you so much. we are lucky to live in a time with more information available to make choices. i am so excited and hopeful.

the Barrellady said:

Congratulations KnotLady. I wish when I had my children, methods like this were not really talked about like they are now.. I did not even consider this, yet if I had a child now (not possible), I would do this in a heart beat. What a beautiful way to bring a child into this world, in a warm welcoming home instead of a cold sterile hospital delivery room. I wish you all the best keeping your little one nice and warm in your tummy/womb. Congrats again to you and your husband...and your other little one.....peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form