Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Climate Change

Samson
@samson
11 years ago
21 posts

Hey, Samson here and I wanted to bring awareness to a serious problem that I think is being overlooked by many. This Earth is all we have and I feel that our future generations (our kids) will suffer the consequences of the actions we take today. The climate in which we live in is changing radically and no one really knows why. If we keep living oblivious to our surroundings this planet that we love, admire, and cherish will decay and crumble beneath our feet. I'm asking you to be the change you wish to see in the world. So that your kids can enjoy this beautiful Earth just like we did.

updated by @samson: 01/13/15 09:54:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i was really impressed today to see oboma recognizing the climate changes and vowing to do something about it investing more in solar wind and sustainability

ofcourse the repubs right away say its bad for jobs and the economy

breathing clean air and survival of the species (all species) is bad for the millionaires wallets

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u know the new sites got more appropruate categories for this isf there isnt an earth and environment forum ill asdd 1 we can have multiple forums blogs everything with 20 categories in each

so would li]ove a forum for these isues if u can suggest caregories etc we'll put it together and strt usung it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Samson
@samson
11 years ago
21 posts

That's a great idea! We need to involve anyone who is interested not only to raise awareness but to start action across the boards. We can start getting people together and rising to build a new world for the generations to come.

Derek2
@dreadedhyena
11 years ago
37 posts

It's just a cycle. A galactic season of sorts, to put it in broad terms.

No need to really worry, it's not inherently good or bad, it's just change. The reason people are freaking out

so bad about it is (aside from the scam artists acting as profits of doom) it has never really been recorded before.

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I'm sorry but Derek that's ridiculous, if you had a look at the statistics and charts you would see that there has been a massive increase in world temperatures and other climatic extremes ever since the industrial revolution, this isn't something that the earth just transitioned into like a 'season', these changes picked up around the industrial revolution. This is the fault of the human race and blaming it on the universe is just ludicrous and cowardly, while I understand many people do their best to reduce their environmental footprint, we all need to take responsibility as a race and do our best to sort this out.
Derek2
@dreadedhyena
11 years ago
37 posts

Well that's just like...your opinion man. Besides, what is it they say about...statistics. I believe it's something similar as to which is said about history, and the winners. As for me being ridiculous, hell yes. And actually, from a geological standpoint...the planet is moving into a new stage. Did the industrial revolution cause this? No. Curious, do you support the hole in the ozone theory? It is true that in large metropolitan areas the air quality is worse, the pollutants are worse. But this doesn't really explain properly what is occurring on a global scale.

Meh, it's too late in the evening, and I've better things to do than to argue a point which, on either side, is for the most part lacking of empirical proof.

Take care! \o/

Jayke Watson said:

I'm sorry but Derek that's ridiculous, if you had a look at the statistics and charts you would see that there has been a massive increase in world temperatures and other climatic extremes ever since the industrial revolution, this isn't something that the earth just transitioned into like a 'season', these changes picked up around the industrial revolution. This is the fault of the human race and blaming it on the universe is just ludicrous and cowardly, while I understand many people do their best to reduce their environmental footprint, we all need to take responsibility as a race and do our best to sort this out.
Derek2
@dreadedhyena
11 years ago
37 posts

I hope that didn't come off as rude, wasn't meant to be. I do respect your opinion, but naturally must vie for my own first.

I don't really like arguing or debating much, unless it's a topic of great interest...and this one just doesn't fall into that category. At least not in this forum, at this time, in this state. So this is probably as far as it'll go.

Have a good one dude.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form