Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

This pain in the @#$% lock is about to drive me crazy- help!?

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

The title said it all, but I'll expound with more details

I've got a micro-lock that is most definitely it's own little lady(mine are ladies not 'guys' cause... they're little and curly and cute little dainty things) and doesn't want to to near any of the surrounding locks. This little wench is about to make me LOSE MY MIND! I can't figure out what to do with her.

I have an extremely sensitive scalp already. Now when I've tied this errant micro-lock to any of the nearby locks with loosely tied embroidery wrap, it pulls and feels very unnatural.

I don't get it at all. I just don't understand. What do I do with it? Her. Whatever. She's a bitch that is literally keeping me up at night. It hurts.

She's got clean sections all the way around, nothing is yanking funny. She's just... cranky.

Does anyone have any ideas how to calm down this colicky baby?

updated by @angel-frye: 02/14/15 05:50:14AM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Oh and I just counted today and I have 58 total now, YAY!!! July 1st will be my 10 month dreadiversary.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

leave her alone shes probly hurting you cause your trying to make her something she dont want to be

i got a microlock 5 feet link thinner then the letter l on your screen

thats 3 dreads combined yep 3 dreads barely pin size

thwy are fine that way

20 years later it decided to join others (i think can never find it when looking for it but every so often it shows up)

why do u care if it joins anpther especialy if it hurts u

shes fine on her own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

She hurts on her own. That's why I tried to join her with the nearby ones to see if that's where she is supposed to end up. But nothing felt comfortable.

Maybe she's just emo.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Lololol this post...you're so funny. Maybe grab a comb and loosen her up a bit? Oh gosh, that sounded so wrong. XD But seriously, I did that with a few of my dreads that were too tight, and it helped A LOT.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Believe or not, but just moving it around or touching that one is causing more stress to the scalp. Does it just have one single hair in it that is pull and causing you the discomfort? Sometimes that does happen. Just one single strand....If you think it is one single strand in that skinny section, just give the strand a careful snip with scissors and let it be to grow into that section again. If it is not a single strand, maybe try not to touch it for awhile. Maybe you have a pimple right underneath that section that is causing the discomfort, that can happen. How long have you felt that for?

peace

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Laura, a comb? Shit, I'd use a speculum if that'd help. lol I've never had a lock this cranky before.

Barrellady, I have left her alone for days on end and it's the same thing. Ouchies, hanging free. If I have her up then it's a bit better. This little femme hurts like she's got a five pound dumbell tied to her. I checked my scalp and there's no irritation of the pores and nada hairs pulling. I have to do the snip thing quite often on others so that was my first instinct, was to check that. Tying her up to other nearby locks was my last resort before asking for help here.

I'll try to loosen up the knots a bit and see what happens. Thanks! Thankfully, she's not that far along.

SE, I''ve got about a half dozen of those micro-mini-locks like what you're describing. They're so cool! I love playing with 'em. But yeah, they are their own entity for the time being. Or they'll merge over when they're ready. I don't care either way. But I do know how to handle them. This one in particular, though, is cranky for reasons unknown.

It's sad, though, because this cutey pie is just getting started as of two weeks ago. She was loose and not a tangle in sight and all of a sudden it's tantrum city. I was glad to see some progress with her. Now, not so much. She needs a freaking binky. Or a spanking. Or something. I don't know.

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

Maybe your cranky lock is on a cowlick?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

or maybe it has PMS? You know, being cranky and all

Kerry LoCo said:

Maybe your cranky lock is on a cowlick?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I've had a few like that over the years. How tight is it rooted to your scalp? Is there some straight hair between where the locking starts and where your scalp is? That could be an issue. If you try and loosen up the root, you may feel some relief. That's just 1 more reason roots should never be taught against your scalp.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form