Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TWIST AND RIP CONFUSED..GOING TO START THEM NEED INFO

Mike A
@mike-a
11 years ago
4 posts

Ivee been reading about the twist and rip method and thats the mehtod ill choose this saturday..i just dont get it though after the twist n rip is done whats next? u just let them sit there? wont they come out?how ery so often do i get them re done.. how soon should i wash them..what should i wash them with? things of that nature

updated by @mike-a: 02/14/15 05:47:25AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

redone?

yoiu never had to tnr to begin with

if they come undone..let them

if you redo and they undo and you redo and they undo ..are you ever getting anywhere?

1 you dont need to tnr it will dread by doing nothing tnr only defines sections ..wich is unesacaery it sections itself and its best to let it section itself naturaly

no matter the starter method after day 1 u leave em alone!

wash with a dreads shampoo lik e www.dreadlockshampoo.com (best) or the baking soda recipe

dont even be tempted to redo em or do any so called maintenance just leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mike A
@mike-a
11 years ago
4 posts

ok thank u it kind of makes sense..so if the twist n rip dont work im screwed..how long does it take to lock up this ..how every so often should u wash them..and how long till your first wash

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wash when u want to wash just not every day every 3 days is pretty optimal for most ppl

how are u screwed

i said tnr isnt nesacary

it will dread fine..better in fact if you dont tnr at all

just stop combing

it takes as long as it takes but to really mature a year to 2

to dread well some hair dreds naty-=uraly in hours many more days lots weeks the majority a couple monrhs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
flowerchild
@flowerchild
11 years ago
8 posts

just twist n rip and let them be, they may fall out they may not. try to make them not too tight but tight enough to where theyll stay put but not loose enough for them to fall completely out. that way they atleast have a foundation to grow on :) and dont tnr them over and over cause thatll just take ya back to step one and start progress all over again. just let em do their thing! and i use the knock off brand of johnsons baby shampoo from family dollar (if they have those stores wherever you may be) i wash about twice a week and my dreads seem to be comin along just fine (i used tnr also)

flowerchild
@flowerchild
11 years ago
8 posts

oh but even if they do fall out leave them alone!! theyll find their way :)

Mike A
@mike-a
11 years ago
4 posts

Thank u alot i really needed that..do u got any pictures of your dreads or how long they took to form

flowerchild
@flowerchild
11 years ago
8 posts

you can go to my page and see! ive got some pictures. just click on my name. well naturally my hair knots up and stuff really really fast but i did tnr about a month and a half ago and i've already got quite a bit of progress

Mike A
@mike-a
11 years ago
4 posts

They look really nice good job!!!! what if i wanted them a little bigger is it possible?

flowerchild
@flowerchild
11 years ago
8 posts

yup make em how you please, but dont go too thick because they will thicken as they grow. alot of mine are super skinny which i dont really like so ive been lettin the scary thin ones congo. congos are two or more dreads that start to grow together at the root or anywhere else on the dread (just in case you didnt know lol) if you have any questions feel free to ask me! but really there isnt and shouldnt be much to dreading. let them be as natural as they can be! :) its the best feeling for both you and your dreadies (: they're purdy neat to watch as they do all kindsa loopy unique stuff along the way.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form