Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Love Your Dreadlocks

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi everyone, wanted to share my aha moment I had yesterday. I booked an appointment at the hairdressers for my daughter, her grad is next week and she deserves to be pampered on that day. So, there I am, booking the date, and one of the other hairdressers walks up to me and says, "I love your hair"....

This was my aha moment. I felt so proud of my dreads, my journey and the fact that it was a hairdresser who said this. After more than 15 months, this is the FIRST person who has complimented me. (other than you fine folks here)

Have you had an aha moment yet? If so, share it with me, I'd love to hear about it.....peace

updated by @the-barrellady: 01/13/15 09:53:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

nice

i was in the hospitol a few years back

a pretty nurse comes in and says "omg i love your hair, know why? cause its so natural and real, i used to be a hairdresser working in a salon that made us do dreads, and i always felt so bad cause we would never do them right and yjey just never looked like the real thing" (direct quote withput pausing to let me respond)

i mean she really got a lil emotional about it like going from joy at seeing such long healthy dreads (this was a good number of years back i dont think they were even yet to my knees) then quickly switching to ..i guess a mix of shame and disgust when remembering what shed done

she quit that salon and got into nursing school i doubt she could have worked there long cause she was stkll pretty young

but was 1 of those moments id never forget

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Princess Kay
@princess-kay
11 years ago
47 posts

lovely aha moments! i didnt have any yet....

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

My mom doesn't like my hair, she says that I've ruined my 'pretty' hair. One day she just picked one up and looked at it, then went back to what she was doing. Its progress. :'D

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Last night was the first night a stranger complimented me. I was in an ice cream shop with my boyfriend and a girl came up and told me how she loved my hair; and that she had dreaded for a year and missed them dearly. I told her about this site. It made my heart swell. <3

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It is momentous when a complete stranger says a kind word. One day in the future your mom will look at yours and say how pretty they are, that will be the one you remember for sure!

CoriElaine said:

Last night was the first night a stranger complimented me. I was in an ice cream shop with my boyfriend and a girl came up and told me how she loved my hair; and that she had dreaded for a year and missed them dearly. I told her about this site. It made my heart swell. <3

Dread Munky
@dread-munky
11 years ago
5 posts

My Grandparents,Parents doesn't like my hair...but other people like it. makes me feel good when they compliment my hair.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

the first 'real' complement i had received was i think a couple of months back. he was a complete stranger who came up to me while i was waiting for a friend. he appeared as a routine conservative family guy, was observing me for a minute or two, n then he finally came up to me and said 'ur hair is god's gift'. that really made my evening so good.. :) that was my first random complement. ive had a few more from some friends. some are too judgemental but thats okay. all in all im really enjoying this journey thats bringing about a few positive changes in my overall attitude towards life. :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I love that one Ojas

Ojas Acharya said:

the first 'real' complement i had received was i think a couple of months back. he was a complete stranger who came up to me while i was waiting for a friend. he appeared as a routine conservative family guy, was observing me for a minute or two, n then he finally came up to me and said 'ur hair is god's gift'. that really made my evening so good.. :) that was my first random complement. ive had a few more from some friends. some are too judgemental but thats okay. all in all im really enjoying this journey thats bringing about a few positive changes in my overall attitude towards life. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form