Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting the natural method

Michael evans
@michael-evans
11 years ago
13 posts
Ok. I'm starting the natural method for dreads..the problem I'm having is that the ends are locking up before the roots and I don't feel that's right.Am I wrong?
updated by @michael-evans: 02/14/15 04:45:06AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its completely normal not a problem at all

no mastter the method in 99% of all cases the roots are very loose untill nearly mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If you have no residue build up, then great. We all dread at different speeds. The hair will slowly loop, shrink and go up towards the scalp. They can tighten up at any area in the section, and the section beside that can be totally different. The roots can be up to 4 inches loose in the first year or so while the rest of the hair is locked. Once mature, 1 inch of hair is loose at the roots. ...peace

Michael evans
@michael-evans
11 years ago
13 posts
Thanks guys. And I have caucasian hair. I live right by the beach so I wash my hair in the sea water. I just believe this is a natural way to do it and have talked to many people who believe this is a good way. I am not using baking soda or acv. I haven't used real shampoo or conditioner in about six months. But I have been brushing my hair.I stopping brushing now though.
Janine
@janine
11 years ago
9 posts

Hello! I was worried because I'm having the same issue...I didn't know if it was right or not. I'm going into my 3rd month and I have about 8 or 9 dreads forming but they are all starting at the bottom.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thats normal its how they should

micheal rincing in the ocean is rinsing your getting the salyt water in wu=ich helps it dread but they will be filthy poluted the ocean is a massive tiolet and toxic waste dump billions of fish shit in it (not to mention kids at the beach peee in it ) the worlds tiolets many empty into it trash is dumped into ut fish die and rot in it deadly chemicals are dumped or spilled in it u want to wash after being in the ocean u want to wash with a dread soap 2 times a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Most of mine started at the ends.

Janine said:

Hello! I was worried because I'm having the same issue...I didn't know if it was right or not. I'm going into my 3rd month and I have about 8 or 9 dreads forming but they are all starting at the bottom.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

The ones I have that are still dreading are dreading at the bottom...usually to each other lol but yeah, so it's normal.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

As everyone's said, there's nothing to worry about.

Funny...Mine actually started dreading from the root downward. I must be even weirder than everyone else here. X_x

Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

lol i wouldnt worry about fish shit and kids peeing in the ocean.... lets not forget there are hundreds of millions of gallons of water in there

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form