Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Things that make your day

Beckysan
@beckysan
11 years ago
17 posts

So it's been a tad damp here in lovely MN over the last...90 days. I think I remember what the sun looks like and am pretty sure we will see it again....if not, maybe Minnesotans will start morphing into various aquatic amphibians :)

Anyhow to combat the doll drums, I have been going out of my way to listen to music while at work. I love all sorts of music/genres/artists etc. So when I started 'discovering' some material that was unknown to me, I was completely tickled. Now mind you, some of this stuff has been out there a while (Black Keys first three albums, Black Crowes Brothers of a Feather) but for me...completely unheard of (been a BC fan for a long while) because I get so caught up in what I have to do next sometimes. I forget to slow down and just listen, or I have my standard go-to's that I just end up taking for granted.

So I have a few of my co workers who are music appreciators too, and we started trading back and forth new finds of the day. We have been doing this for a week and I can't explain the elation and joy at not only finding something that was new to me, but to be able to share it and have other people love it too. Even more, to inspire them to do the same and share with me! To be happy despite surroundings, things going on, the insanity of life outside joy...it's those moments that make me appreciate living and am able to even see the beauty of the purple clouds rolling in again. I am appreciating the contrast to the green and newness of spring, and as I was writing this, the sun even made an appearance!

So out of curiosity....what little things bring you joy, why and how do you go about sharing it?

updated by @beckysan: 01/13/15 09:53:27PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I have a running list. Every day I write down 3 beautiful things. They are things that make me happy. My things for today were.. 1. my sunflowers are about 6 inches tall. 2. I saw a wolf in the clouds. 3. I was sitting in the floor, playing with my dogs and the sun hit the cut crystals hanging in my window...I was bathed in rainbows.

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

aww how cool umm me think

JAZZZYMOMMAS

joy , happiness, content:::(this could get freakishly long haha)

• i love the fresh cut grass smell i have to just close my eyes an focus on it lol
  • how sparrows flutter an swoop
  • the scent of my favorite flowers lilac can smell around the block from the actual bush lol and lilly of the valley yum
  • that loving look in childrens eyes as they wake to see momma and tight wrap themselves around me head on shoulder hugs
  • baby fawn dear awwwww
  • dragonflys humm
  • trickling water in a shallow creek bed and dipping my bare feet in the cold clear water
  • lying down watching the clouds roll by picking out the look a like shapes
  • Native American music
  • the moments my lil babys emerged from my womb their first breath an cry an look at their momma priceless
  • watching snowflakes land seeing each one a unique shape no two the same
  • rainbows......duh
  • frogs an froglets /amphibians
  • the feel of moss
  • baby animals awww
  • walks in the wilderness
  • the intrequet cy of spiders webs
  • watching ants build hills walkin in an out lol the inner child lol
  • mushrooms
  • i love to watch my collection of 6 alice in wonderland movies
  • that flutter that we get inside our chest in diffrent moments we incounter
  • fallen leaves in fall
  • gardening

singing

and many many more...some of which we take for granted an often overlook to be beautiful and joyious

peace all

JAZZ

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Beckysan, what a fantastic way to take advantage of the rainy season, making the best of it.

Here are things that made my day today, and this evening:

• waking up to two 4 month old labs licking my face, making me giggle before my eyes are even open
  • watching the blue heron that fed from my pond
  • watching the dragonflies that look like helicopters, they amaze me
  • listening to the frogs croaking, I could do this all day long
  • having a bonfire in the back forty this evening with my mom

My life is simple and it makes me happy. Would not trade it for anything.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Ohh, you know what else makes me happy.......every time I see the Pampers commercial, the one with the song "I feel pretty". Well all those little kiddies have the messiest hair and my daughter always says, "look mom, its you"

That always makes me laugh!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form