Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bleeding Scalp

Chris C.2
@chris-c2
11 years ago
12 posts

Hello all. I have been dreading for about a month now. Im really loving the journey, the messyness, the little maintenence it needs. Only problem is that my scalp has two small sections that itch and when I scratch it, it starts bleeding. I use 1/3 cup of bs to about 3 1/2 cups of water and leave it on for about 15min. I rinse it off and finish my shower by rinsing my hair and scalp in cold water. I dont use ACV since my hair and scalp gets oily really fast. Before I started dreading, I remember every morning when I would wake up, my hair would be crazy oily to the point where I wont leave my house without taking a shower. I also have a feeling that my scalp gets oily fast too because I dont get dandruff but when I do scratch my scalp with my fingernail, this whitish/ yellowish dandruffish thing is on my fingernail. It might be sebum maybe? Im contemplating on whether or not I should stop this journey or not. Any help is grately appreciated. :]

updated by @chris-c2: 01/13/15 09:53:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

start using acv the bs no acv is only meant o be temporary

its 4 am too titred to figure out if the bs ratio is right but its close bs without acv will fry your scalp

in fact id switch to www.dreadlockshampoo.com for a bit

or at least start to reintroduce acv

usualy you stop getting so oily in a few weeks and can use acv within 3 weeks to a month

but i would probly give the dreadlockshampoo a go and lay off bs awhile if the readings not goig will u can tey the bs again after a few weeks recovery with acv tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris C.2
@chris-c2
11 years ago
12 posts

Yeah I suppose I might try dreadlockshampoo. Would the liquid or bar one be better for someone barely a month in? In the mean time, would it be good to do a nice acv rinse tomorrow, and while its shipping, use less bs and start using acv? Thanks again man

soaring eagle said:

start using acv the bs no acv is only meant o be temporary

its 4 am too titred to figure out if the bs ratio is right but its close bs without acv will fry your scalp

in fact id switch to www.dreadlockshampoo.com for a bit

or at least start to reintroduce acv

usualy you stop getting so oily in a few weeks and can use acv within 3 weeks to a month

but i would probly give the dreadlockshampoo a go and lay off bs awhile if the readings not goig will u can tey the bs again after a few weeks recovery with acv tho

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

I'm a dreadnoob (only 4 months into my journey), but like you, I remember drawing blood a couple times from my scalp. Those insanely itchy spots that you just can't resist. It was in my first month or two as well, it's gotten a lot better since. In retrospect I would say it was a mix of my scalp not liking the shampoo I was experimenting with mixed with my scalp adjusting to the journey. The shampoos I tried were "dreadheadHQ" bad news stay away from that stuff. And Dr.Brohner's - did not work with my water, created massive itches. Then I finally found the shampoo that Soaring Eagle just mentioned on www.dreadlockshampoo.com and within a couple weeks things started settling down. Now alternate between that shampoo (liquid form) and BS/ACV (once every couple weeks) and it's gotten so much better. Just my 2 cents. Good luck, I hope your scalp gets happy again.

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

Listen to the experts about the dread soap and the bs/acv issues. ;-)

Also, stop scratching! I know it itches, but every time you draw blood, you are irritating it more and preventing healing.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form