Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bumps and Zig zags

Leilani Ariana
@leilani-ariana
11 years ago
6 posts

I have a lot of bumps in my dreads. This may not sound like a problem but they are 20 days away from being a year old so I'm starting to loose faith that they will ever smooth out. It's just that almost every single one has bumps, especially the ones on top. And they are firmly there, especially the loops. I'm getting really frustrated and worried they won't go away. Would wrapping them in good string help? I had them interlocked which I know is bad and I'm Caucasian so I know that didn't make any sense but what's done is done, now I just need to know what to do. Thank you!

updated by @leilani-ariana: 01/13/15 09:53:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ignore em yea the interlocking probly caused em

but so what/ whats wrong with bumps and loops?

what makes u think they should be smooth?

lets see pics

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Leilani, it is easy to say, but you still need patience. It takes 1-2 years for the hair to mature into dreads. I am @ 15 months and still have loops, I did the T&R, so the journey takes two steps back when loosening, so it takes longer to mature, the same with your method. In probably 1/2 a year, you will have the beautiful dreads your always visioned. We all dread at different paces. Why is that?: methods, washing products and times a week, hair type (oily), tying up habits or hat habits, the list can go on. So because of all these variations, we dread at different paces. Unfortunately on this site, they say about a year, but it is really 1-2.....hang in there.....Peace

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

My dreads are 5 years old. They are very mature,,,,but not perfect.I love the imperfection. I still have lumps and bumps. I get zig zags and loops at my roots and I have baby locks from new growth that are zig zag crazy stuff. When we decide to dread....we give up control over our hair. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form