Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hiya, just made my 1st dread (just one!)

sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Hi there,my desire for dreads has been increasing over the last few weeks, and when my friend jokingly suggested giving me a single dread, it got me thinking...so I made my first one tonight! I can't have a whole head of dread, unfortunately, since I just graduated and will be starting my career soon (hopefully).This site is awesome, and I hope my little dread survives. It is going to be hard with having a whole head of hair that isn't dready...I did the twist n' rip method, and it worked well. Any other suggestions, or others who have semi-dreaded hair?Thankies,Bonnie
updated by @sadangel777: 02/14/15 06:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont let the career or te dreads affect eachother dreads cannot be a reason to deny you a jobwhats te career?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Journalism..I want to write news stories for a local paper. It has been my dream since I was little; I wanted to be Lois Lane from the Christopher Reeve movies. My husband thinks I'm already pushing it with the nose stud!
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Good luck on your journey Kynd One, namaste'
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres alotta alternate press u can write for wherre bein a bit differents actauly an assestfreind of mines got a cable news/vegan cooking show she has 5 color hair and dies her armpit hair greenhher shows pretty poppularyour not on tv dreads dont sow up in the font u use..ppl u interview wont care either..

--
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
I think Lois Lane would look great in dreads! soaringeagle said:
theres alotta alternate press u can write for wherre bein a bit differents actauly an assest

freind of mines got a cable news/vegan cooking show she has 5 color hair and dies her armpit hair green
hher shows pretty poppular
your not on tv dreads dont sow up in the font u use..ppl u interview wont care either..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and clark kent could use some to have a lil personality Lonnie Berg said:
I think Lois Lane would look great in dreads!

soaringeagle said:
theres alotta alternate press u can write for wherre bein a bit differents actauly an assest

freind of mines got a cable news/vegan cooking show she has 5 color hair and dies her armpit hair green
your not on tv dreads dont sow up in the font u use..ppl u interview wont care either..

--
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Maybe just add another dread every few days and it'd be so subtle people wouldnt even notice' Kinda like building a Cadillac one part at a time!
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
And just what's wrong with Clark Kents hair? Betchya dont like G.I. Joes or Kens hair either, got something against plastic hair? LOL soaringeagle said:
and clark kent could use some to have a lil personality

Lonnie Berg said:
I think Lois Lane would look great in dreads!

soaringeagle said:

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
If you are writing no one will care as long as you are professional and good at what you do and nose studs are so accepted nowadays..I work in a doctors office as the front desk/ office manager in what is commonly referred to as a "snotty or snoody" part of town (Snotsdale, Snobsdale, AZ) and I have my hair dreaded, my nose pierced (with a ring in it not a stud) and a tattoo on my chest that I make no attempt to hide. As long as I do my job well and am my usual nice/ friendly self. No one really notices or says anything. I have only gotten compliments and a few innocent questions. No one has walked out or refused to come here cuz of me. Actually more people are funny about how young the doctor is and the fact that she is a female than with the fact that her one and only staff member has messy hair and a nose piercing!At first I was really concerned with it and I want to move back to Tucson so finding a new job would be in order. But if you let your self be held back but society's idea of good looks then you will be miserable. If you really want to dread your hair then do it! You will regret never having even tried. Remember you can always ask your boss but do what makes youhappy!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form